Martin O'Neill is a bit dense

GStar

\o/ EASY /o\ EASY \o/ EASY /o\ '09 Ashes Champion
Seemingly oblivious that Mancini is attempting to deflect any pressure from his team onto Utd, O'Neill responds to the comments from our manager that Utd are favourites for the title because after the derby they have two 'easy games'.

What a brain dead cockwomble. Fuckwittery (for the skysports website) below:

Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill has taken offence to Roberto Mancini's claims that the Black Cats are an easy side to beat.

The Manchester City boss had stated that Manchester United remain the favourites to win the Premier League as after the derby on Monday, they have to face Swansea City at home and Sunderland away, while the Citizens will take on Newcastle United and Queens Park Rangers.

O'Neill is not pleased with Mancini's "insinuation" that his players are easy pushovers and points out that both Sunderland and Swansea have defeated City this season.

"It took me by surprise, because I had to check that the teams United have to play beat Manchester City, like Swansea and ourselves," he said in The Times.

"We've taken four points off them, but he had obviously forgotten to check the fixture list properly.

"I don't know what his insinuation was, to tell the truth. But if he had any idea about the league at all he would know that the integrity of the league is pretty good. At the time, I immediately looked down to see the other fixture and it was Swansea.

"I don't have an email address for (Mancini) but I really thought about sending him one to tell him to keep an eye on what he says, but I didn't."

If the rags beat us they'll be no need for O'Neill or Sunderland to get involved anyway ..... they'll clinch the title in their following game with Swansea at the Swamp!

Cue the usual "You can prepare all you want but you can't legislate for individual mistakes" quote from the managers at the end of the games they roll over for.

That said, we thought the same about Moyes and I'm quite happy to eat humble pie on that one.

I was a bit worried though, when I saw O'Neill's quote saying that the integrity of the league was "Pretty good". Pretty good? There should be 100% integrity. (I know there isn't but for him to only say it was "Pretty good" is very worrying if you ask me.

GStar said:
Seemingly oblivious that Mancini is attempting to deflect any pressure from his team onto Utd, O'Neill responds to the comments from our manager that Utd are favourites for the title because after the derby they have two 'easy games'.

What a brain dead cockwomble. Fuckwittery (for the skysports website) below:

Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill has taken offence to Roberto Mancini's claims that the Black Cats are an easy side to beat.

The Manchester City boss had stated that Manchester United remain the favourites to win the Premier League as after the derby on Monday, they have to face Swansea City at home and Sunderland away, while the Citizens will take on Newcastle United and Queens Park Rangers.

O'Neill is not pleased with Mancini's "insinuation" that his players are easy pushovers and points out that both Sunderland and Swansea have defeated City this season.

"It took me by surprise, because I had to check that the teams United have to play beat Manchester City, like Swansea and ourselves," he said in The Times.

"We've taken four points off them, but he had obviously forgotten to check the fixture list properly.

"I don't know what his insinuation was, to tell the truth. But if he had any idea about the league at all he would know that the integrity of the league is pretty good. At the time, I immediately looked down to see the other fixture and it was Swansea.

"I don't have an email address for (Mancini) but I really thought about sending him one to tell him to keep an eye on what he says, but I didn't."

Gstar - don't you think it's just the two of them playing the game?

of course Manciti's going to say stuff like this, and of course O'Neill's going to reply in kind; it's what you'd expect really and seems perfectly logical to me.

I'm not offended/upset with any of this, and neither do I think either of them are idiots.

This is the same Martin O'Neill that said they will use their fringe players for the remaining games?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.