Martin Samuel tells it again..

geoffchall said:
Good football journalism is good football journalism and the fact that writers move around in order to get better wages adds a bit of irony to the mix. So Martin Samuel can write and there are only so many football writers needed by decent papers (Indy & Guardian). It's not their fault that the rest of the newspaper industry are owned by a bunch of people you'd cross the street to avoid.

And at least he isn't Ian Ladyman - who is a poor researcher and natural shit-stirrer.
Lol at your examples of decent papers.

LoveCity said:
Samuel is Mr. Common Sense and regularly points out the flaws in Financial UnFair Play, exposing Platini's (and now United's) hypocrisy and corrupt agenda. Brilliant journo, I wish there were more like him as British football journalism would be a lot better if there was.

United, Bayern, Dortmund and 1 or 2 others are the driving force behind FFP. They are the ones pushing Platini and UEFA, this is not Platini,s own idea.

Scum are absolutely bricking themselves over ours, Chelsea and PSG wealth they will stop at nothing.

A majority of 14 needed then. I wonder how many Gill and baconface will personally lobby, telling them they wont be able to loan any of their wonderful academy graduates if they vote against their proposal and still expecting them to put out weakened teams when the rags need the points.

I hope we are doing our own lobbying and having talks with Chelsea to counter the rag plans.

this whole thing is so bent its unbelievable,do people know what other fans think of this?
this really could be the death of english football as we know it.
surely this is shouldnt be allowed ?

take away dreams and people will think what is the point.

jake28 said:
The only journalist that talks sense when it comes to ffp. I'm convinced the majority of the football world is made up of halfwits. The ignorance of football fans regarding these financial proposals makes my blood boil,clueless doesn't even come close.

I don't think they are halfwits. On the contrary, they are clearly aware of what they are doing. There are the schemers who are driven by the maxim 'What's in it for me and my club?' and the sycophants who are driven by the maxim 'Can I get further up Fergie's arse than the next club chairman?'

Martin Samuel is quite simply the best football writer out there, bar none. No-one tells it like it is just like he does, no one.

If only each paper had at least one football writer committed to painting things in the same light as he.

Its a decent article, but irelevant. What united are trying to get through here is "after the horses bolted", far too late for them to stop us anyway now. It couldn't be brought in immediately, they also need agreement from the Premier League, and their sponsors, and excluding the team that gave the PL its greatest moment so far isn't going to happen, nor is trying to prevent us competing on an even footing, our profile is now too big.

On top of that our revenue is also getting there pretty quickly I'm sure, and even if they do try to bring it in rapidly (next season), we'll have lawyers all over it, and could tie it up in legal wrangling for as long as we want, meanwhile we'll still be improving our revenue streams.

I don't know why people worry so much about financial fair play, we've already beaten it imho.

Nicky D said:
Martin Samuel is quite simply the best football writer out there, bar none. No-one tells it like it is just like he does, no one.

If only each paper had at least one football writer committed to painting things in the same light as he.
A top fella, met him a couple of times. He's not even a blue, he's a big West Ham fan in every sense of the word

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.