Martin Samuel tells it again..

LongsightM13 said:
Nicky D said:
Martin Samuel is quite simply the best football writer out there, bar none. No-one tells it like it is just like he does, no one.

If only each paper had at least one football writer committed to painting things in the same light as he.
A top fella, met him a couple of times. He's not even a blue, he's a big West Ham fan in every sense of the word
I wouldnt say that big
When he was on the supplement last season he was saying he had only been a handful of times in the last few seasons

Great journo though.

Martin bang on the money as usual. That article should be thrust under the noses of all the short sighted chairmen in the Premier League as well as the top dogs in the PL itself to highlight the stinking rag/Arse hypocrisy.

However, I agree with cleavers. It's too late to nobble City now and the PL can't be stupid enough to stifle another potential Aguerooooo moment anyway. They've already admitted that their whopping new TV deal was possible in no small part because of the last day drama last season.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
cleavers said:
I don't know why people worry so much about financial fair play, we've already beaten it imho.

This is very short-sighted for several reasons including the need for a competitive league, the imperative to prevent united lording it over the rest of football and the wider interests of the game.
How much power do you think this tosser gill has got gdm?
He is behind just about everything to stop us from success.

cleavers said:
Its a decent article, but irelevant. What united are trying to get through here is "after the horses bolted", far too late for them to stop us anyway now. It couldn't be brought in immediately, they also need agreement from the Premier League, and their sponsors, and excluding the team that gave the PL its greatest moment so far isn't going to happen, nor is trying to prevent us competing on an even footing, our profile is now too big.

On top of that our revenue is also getting there pretty quickly I'm sure, and even if they do try to bring it in rapidly (next season), we'll have lawyers all over it, and could tie it up in legal wrangling for as long as we want, meanwhile we'll still be improving our revenue streams.

I don't know why people worry so much about financial fair play, we've already beaten it imho.

This has basically been my take on matters but GDM's eloquent posts in the similar FFP thread reference Gill; basically his power and that as far as we are concerned he is the anti-christ with allies all over the place has me worried again. They will try and alter things if things aren't going their way.

What could possibly be in Gill's proposals for the decent Prem teams ( and in my opinion it's these who despise us the most since the money came) - Everton,Villa,Newcastle? surely it cuts off what little hope they have left of smashing up the cosy cartel at the top.

Another very good article that tells it like it is. If we can see through the hypocrisy of FFPR (its anything but fair), surely it won't get the backing it needs from those who would be adversely impacted. Its all about the bullying, established elite trying to protect their position, but the 'smaller' clubs are unlikely to just lie down and be rolled over without a fight. There are aspects of a clubs financial model that are being ignored in the proposal, debt being the obvious one (surprise, surprise in Scum's case), and I'm sure with the fiscal expertise available to us (and other clubs) we could successfully challenge the logic.

liscal said:
There are aspects of a clubs financial model that are being ignored in the proposal, debt being the obvious one (surprise, surprise in Scum's case), and I'm sure with the fiscal expertise available to us (and other clubs) we could successfully challenge the logic.

Spot on.

If FFP is introduced we really need to press the issues around debt, which afterall is supposedly what FFP seeks to protect as the examples they use to justify the need to introduce FFP are always Leeds and Portsmouth.

As it currently stands the rags are using FFP to desperately attempt to maintain the status quo - surely everyone can see that?

This has basically been my take on matters but GDM's eloquent posts in the similar FFP thread reference Gill; basically his power and that as far as we are concerned he is the anti-christ with allies all over the place has me worried again. They will try and alter things if things aren't going their way.

What could possibly be in Gill's proposals for the decent Prem teams ( and in my opinion it's these who despise us the most since the money came) - Everton,Villa,Newcastle? surely it cuts off what little hope they have left of smashing up the cosy cartel at the top.[/quote]

This is what I find difficult to get my head around.

Why would any chairmen/owners of any Premier club, especially the ones you mention, want to kill the dreams of their supporters.

I can only summise that as the new Sky deal, kicking in next season (13/14), is so lucrative (almost twice the money as at present) that many club owners are:-

a. Sending out a message to agents & players that this extra revenue won't be squandered by doubling their wages

b. Ensuring they are able to use most of the extra cash to repay some or most of the debt the majority are in.

What other reason's could there be?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.