Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have seen the videos just like l and presumably you have. I don't even think you even read my comment where l said they were not rushing to mention it. I did not say they were covering it up. If you cannot see how the media could mention those 'alleged' tweets you need to join the Marcus Rashford reading club. The media do it every day.
Just back from church are you with your 'Jesus wept' and virtue signalling?
He seems to be a bit of a ****, if this is all true then he should be getting charged for it.

No doubt the Rags will get Saint Marcus out with his Fish Fingers to deflect the story.
I am Sparmarcus?

Here's a kid that has all the money he could ever want, has everything handed to him on a plate and will never want for anything all because he can kick a ball and yet he still feels the need to be the lowest form of scumbag you can be. There's zero excuse for it, horrible fucker that doesn't deserve to live. I hope he loses everything, Is repeatedly subjected to the kind of behaviour he dishes out in prison and is disowned by everybody he knows but I omt hold my breath.

Across football players, clubs, agents, and associations seem to see violence against women as a PR issue rather than an issue of morality and law. Not all of them or all the time, but enough to identify what looks like a pattern.
Well said. Too many looking at this from the perspective of whether his career is over rather than from hers as an (alleged) victim of quite shocking abuse. You can only imagine how desperate things were for her.

Too much of an anti-United or United/ City vibe in some of these comments.

Ultimately it will reflect badly on United as did Mendy with City. Yes, they will do what they can to minimise the impact to them as we did.

On the press, I was a bit surprised we did not come in for more criticism given Mendy was still playing whilst we where fully aware of the enquiry. However, I believe that to be the case as people respected that as an employer until a charge is raised it is difficult to act.

However Everton seem to have took a certain player out of the spotlight and as I understand it he has not been formally charged yet. Apologies if incorrect.

United face a different problem and that is the pictures and audio is so powerful. People have seen it and heard it, which is far more tough to tolerate then just reading a third party account. Rumours if true of senior United players unfollowing on social media (very minor but also says a lot for the power of the message this morning)

Whoever has advised the girl has done so with making it as difficult for United to allow him to continue (the story has dropped on a Sunday morning with no Prem/ International football to ensure maximum impact).

If United do suspend I can only imagine they have 2 choices depending on if they see a way back or the likelihood of a legal conviction, with pay or with pay going into escrow waiting the trail.

We all take great joy in United being run as a business and the £100 million asset that Greenwood is/ was maybe more damaging to the brand having him stay on then not. They may want to get rid, however without a criminal prosecution or charges they will be on shaky ground.

They have acknowledged they are aware, they do not condone that type of behaviour but would not comment allegations until they have all the facts. I don’t work in PR but I’m sure all clubs would be within a word or 2 very similar.

It’s a tough position and not as comparable to Mendy’s as people think (in someways for our club the Mendy one was a lot simpler). Whilst I don’t like United, I can sympathise with them on the situation they have found themselves in this morning and would give them time to assess their options (which will no doubt involve meetings with their employment lawyers, legal advisors etc.).

Once they have done this people can have a view on whether they feel it is correct or not. To expect them to be acting on more then a holding statement today (which they got out quite early) is unrealistic.

Across football players, clubs, agents, and associations seem to see violence against women as a PR issue rather than an issue of morality and law. Not all of them or all the time, but enough to identify what looks like a pattern.

One reason, money. Morally bankrupt.

Society in general has a huge problem with the way it views and treats women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.