MCFC U16's

Sancho and Foden both hugely promising too.We also have an array of talent coming through at centre half.......saying that......the u16's seem to have talent all over the park! 'Older' favourites of mine include Boadu and Patching.
It's probably not fair to pick one out to be honest, it does a disservice to all the rest. From the little I've managed to see of them, I'd list Foden and Patching as ones I'm keeping an eye out for. Boadu (due to his injuries) is one I don't think I've ever seen.

I watched the 16s today in the Crewe game. Crewe were two years older (18s) but it was really all City. It never ceases to amaze me how delightfully skilled footballers we have coming through. This is a hugely gifted generation. Sancho is genuinely just like a young Neymar stylistically. He slows the game down, is incredibly hard to get the ball off, then he bursts into life and beats two people before teeing up the absolute fucking beast of a striker, Tyrese Campbell. Campbell's the kid of ex Arsenal/Everton striker Kevin. He's fucking huge and absolutely lightning fast and a really, really good finisher.

Phil Foden is the closest thing i've seen to David Silva from an English footballer in years. The way he glides through midfield, shielding the ball with deceptive strength despite his strength. It's remarkably similar visually. Dele-Bashiru absolutely owned the midfield, Pozo's little brother Iker was a calm, but fucking tiny, presence at the heart of midfield, and the two centrebacks Ed Francis and Joel Latibeaudiere were both strong, intelligent and remarkably composed. There's so much talent in this team. Even the u15s who came on, Ogbeta and Richards, looked incredibly comfortable and assured. Curtis Anderson in goal is a young Joe Hart. Could hear him miles off ha.
I hear that ten of this group have been offered scholarships and pro contracts but 5 have not signed yet , best age group the Club has had in years but boys not being tested properly playing in their own age group and winning comfortably every week. Would be a travesty if they left for other clubs.

I hear that ten of this group have been offered scholarships and pro contracts but 5 have not signed yet , best age group the Club has had in years but boys not being tested properly playing in their own age group and winning comfortably every week. Would be a travesty if they left for other clubs.

That matches the numbers that i've heard. You don't really consider that some could simply move on, but it's very possible. Some will be wondering if they'd be better served taking a chance elsewhere now they've had that quality education. If this does happen then there needs to be serious questions asked of the club's policy.

That matches the numbers that i've heard. You don't really consider that some could simply move on, but it's very possible. Some will be wondering if they'd be better served taking a chance elsewhere now they've had that quality education. If this does happen then there needs to be serious questions asked of the club's policy.

What questions?

They've brought them into the best equipped youth set up in the country, given them a fantastic school education and footballing education. They've coached them into the best u16 side in the country.

What more can the club do? They can't offer a pro-contract any sooner than 16. They can't really demonstrate that youth players will get a chance in the first team yet - that's clearly something that is only starting to happen again.

As long as the club offers them a competitive contract what else can be done?

What questions?

They've brought them into the best equipped youth set up in the country, given them a fantastic school education and footballing education. They've coached them into the best u16 side in the country.

What more can the club do? They can't offer a pro-contract any sooner than 16. They can't really demonstrate that youth players will get a chance in the first team yet - that's clearly something that is only starting to happen again.

As long as the club offers them a competitive contract what else can be done?

Questions regarding the perception of the club's use of youth players, whether it's something the club has fostered themselves unwittingly. If we can't give the impression that there will be chances then we have a serious problem unfortunately, whether we like it or not.

I agree, they've had an impeccable education but they'll be thinking past that and some might think that fucking off to Spurs or whatever may seem them getting a more likely first team chance. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that, but it will be a concern for some.

There's also the factor that that is a lot of scholars, and we took about 8/9 on last year too. At some point we'll have a bit of log jam of talent if we're not careful. A young centre midfielder might not feel too confident getting a game when Davenport,Diallo, patching and Brahim etc could all still be feasibly knocking about in the 18s next season too. Many factors to consider.

Questions regarding the perception of the club's use of youth players, whether it's something the club has fostered themselves unwittingly. If we can't give the impression that there will be chances then we have a serious problem unfortunately, whether we like it or not.

I agree, they've had an impeccable education but they'll be thinking past that and some might think that fucking off to Spurs or whatever may seem them getting a more likely first team chance. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that, but it will be a concern for some.

There's also the factor that that is a lot of scholars, and we took about 8/9 on last year too. At some point we'll have a bit of log jam of talent if we're not careful. A young centre midfielder might not feel too confident getting a game when Davenport,Diallo, patching and Brahim etc could all still be feasibly knocking about in the 18s next season too. Many factors to consider.
Good post twosips, some of the lads won't wait around for next 4 years on the small chance they could make the first team or get sold as a commodity at the end of there contract, they know as elite players they can go pritty much anywhere they want to as long as there new club can pay the compo to city from what I've heard its around 160k

If the lads are not up for the challenge then fuck em, city can't force them to stay.
Sad fact you could be the england youth squad a18/19 but if you are a local lad and been with the club for years and city buy some kid in from Spain try all you want the new kid will start before you , and he will succeed. The managments will se to that ,they can't let him fail as its there jobs on the block

If the lads are not up for the challenge then fuck em, city can't force them to stay.
What challenge?
We have missed our first choice right back for over half the season, have missed one out of two left backs for almost the same duration, and have missed one or two of our three main central defenders for many weeks.

How many minutes have academy players been offered the chance to play in those positions?
Zero.

Just think about it, we would rather run our first team players into the ground rather than giving a chance to someone aged below 21.

If the message is we are going to fuck you off as soon as you age 22-23 anyway, why shouldn't they go off instead to some club where they might get game time now.

I imagine a few will be promoted to the eds including Brahim, we will see some eds out on loan so it will filter through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.