MCFC U16's

What challenge?
We have missed our first choice right back for over half the season, have missed one out of two left backs for almost the same duration, and have missed one or two of our three main central defenders for many weeks.

How many minutes have academy players been offered the chance to play in those positions?
Zero.

Just think about it, we would rather run our first team players into the ground rather than giving a chance to someone aged below 21.

If the message is we are going to fuck you off as soon as you age 22-23 anyway, why shouldn't they go off instead to some club where they might get game time now.
We have let no one go who we regret. We could do more no doubt but its still relatively early days. people have a tendency to overrate our youth also, Emyr Huws comes to mind. If they are good enough they will make it. Buy back clauses will become a big part of our future as will the occaisional mistake. If these 16 year olds don't fancy hanging around and backing themselves then there is nowt we can do. If in 5 years we have a handful of our acdemy lads in the team its still going to be very hard for the next batch to break in, some won't be up to it and will go spuds. We could though give more opputunities, that much is true though.

Sad fact you could be the england youth squad a18/19 but if you are a local lad and been with the club for years and city buy some kid in from Spain try all you want the new kid will start before you , and he will succeed. The managments will se to that ,they can't let him fail as its there jobs on the block
Devante, just fuck off, you weren't good enough. Get over it.

Sad fact you could be the england youth squad a18/19 but if you are a local lad and been with the club for years and city buy some kid in from Spain try all you want the new kid will start before you , and he will succeed. The managments will se to that ,they can't let him fail as its there jobs on the block

I would like to see the slightest tiniest piece of evidence to support that complete load of shite.

What challenge?
We have missed our first choice right back for over half the season, have missed one out of two left backs for almost the same duration, and have missed one or two of our three main central defenders for many weeks.

How many minutes have academy players been offered the chance to play in those positions?
Zero.

Just think about it, we would rather run our first team players into the ground rather than giving a chance to someone aged below 21.

If the message is we are going to fuck you off as soon as you age 22-23 anyway, why shouldn't they go off instead to some club where they might get game time now.

With all due respect pal this thread is about the under 16s.

Because the rest of them are that good that they're not the best :)

England don't always pick the best young kids. If they did it'd mainly just be City players in the team as our 16s batter everyone...but they can't do that (politics) and they tend to keep generations of our kids together from previous years who have been in and around the squad. And also, most of our u16s kids have played for England now at some point. Dele-Bashiru, Sancho, Campbell, Foden, Rosler, Francis, Lattie, Manual for example. Two of the best ones that have actually already played for the u18s, Bolton/Latibeaudiere etc, surprisingly haven't.

Chelsea have 4 in this England U17 squad , usually 5 but their striker is injured , Spurs and Arsenal have 3 each , City have one .

Chelsea have 4 in this England U17 squad , usually 5 but their striker is injured , Spurs and Arsenal have 3 each , City have one .

I think that's because most of ours that qualify for this age group are not playing much U18 footy compared to other clubs that are playing them at present. Tyrese Campbell for example was regular in the U16 set up but don't think he's played an U18 game ( Twosips can probably confirm? )for us so far this season. I think in the England set up they are looking at guys that play U18 football. I could be wrong though, it's just my guess.

I think that's because most of ours that qualify for this age group are not playing much U18 footy compared to other clubs that are playing them at present. Tyrese Campbell for example was regular in the U16 set up but don't think he's played an U18 game ( Twosips can probably confirm? )for us so far this season. I think in the England set up they are looking at guys that play U18 football. I could be wrong though, it's just my guess.
None of our u16 play regular for the U18 , Francis who seems to be the only one in every England squad has been a U16 with us for the last 3 years .

Who was the lad whose dad went to the press complaining City hadn't offered his son a contract, even though he was only 15 at the time.
Was he from this group or was it last years intake. Seem to remember press saying he was a highly rated defender and the rags and Arsenal
were sniffing around.

Who was the lad whose dad went to the press complaining City hadn't offered his son a contract, even though he was only 15 at the time.
Was he from this group or was it last years intake. Seem to remember press saying he was a highly rated defender and the rags and Arsenal
were sniffing around.

I think it was Kigbu.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.