Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not allowed to post any positive articles whatsoever in this thread. You should know that by now.

I have reported this post for your own good.
You will thank me one day.

It was written by a blue who used to write for King of the Kippax so it probably doesn't count as "balance"

So what you are saying is that the positive articles about us in the media don't count but the negative articles do?

Interesting.
I've no issue with people supporting City from other parts of the world. In fact I welcome it.

But as someone who cannot possibly have a grasp of how the sports media in the UK operates, and has operated for a generation, you are not in a position to pontificate to those who have.

Assuning you're a blue, perhaps if you'd had years of lies, hypocrisy and double-standards within the media rammed down your throat you'd feel differently. That is why most City fans feel the way they do on this subject. A little more empathy wouldn't go amiss.

I've no issue with people supporting City from other parts of the world. In fact I welcome it.

But as someone who cannot possibly have a grasp of how the sports media in the UK operates, and has operated for a generation, you are not in a position to pontificate to those who have.

Assuning you're a blue, perhaps if you'd had years of lies, hypocrisy and double-standards within the media rammed down your throat you'd feel differently. That is why most City fans feel the way they do on this subject. A little more empathy wouldn't go amiss.

IMHO, the reason we are getting a few more positive articles (and not many relativ to other top teams) is that we have begun to make ourselves a tougher target to hit eg:

A) our players show humility. They don't strive to move to other clubs -like De Gea - and no journo is going to lose much sleep if our Joe did give Katie Price a good seeing to in his younger days.

B) we have spread our sponsorship base so it is harder to spread the Abu Dhabi dependency script. Things are even better now we are in profit.

C) the Canpus shows our commitment to youth development and almost half our team in the Youth Cup Final were local lads. We will continue to get slated until a homegrown player or two is established in the first team. That will happen and in the meantime we will have to take more flak - and maybe we deserve some of this. Criticism.

D) Sepite the empty seats jibes we sell out the Etihad, week after week, year after year. This Summer's season ticket sales are strong and we are certain to have average crowds of over 50k this season.

E) Du Pont has silenced our FFP cheats label, at least for now.

Yes the media basis isn't going away any time soon and we continue to be a softer target than most, but at least we are not quite the lame media punch bags any more.

Last edited:
Currently watching the season review of our second title win on Sky. Remembering now that we're hardly shown and you would think Liverpool won followed by Chelsea and then U****d.

Most matches were not filmed the the 1960s though, so they can only show the ones that were.

IMHO, the reason we are getting a few more positive articles (and not many relativ to other top teams) is that we have begun to make ourselves a tougher target to hit eg:

A) our players show humility. They don't strive to move to other clubs -like De Gea - and no journo is going to lose much sleep if our Joe did give Katie Price a good seeing to in his younger days.

B) we have spread our sponsorship base so it is harder to spread the Abu Dhabi dependency script. Things are even better now we are in profit.

C) the Canpus shows our commitment to youth development and almost half our team in the Youth Cup Final were local lads. We will continue to get slated until a homegrown player or two is established in the first team. That will happen and in the meantime we will have to take more flak - and maybe we deserve some of this. Criticism.

D) Sepite the empty seats jibes we sell out the Etihad, week after week, year after year. This Summer's season ticket sales are strong and we are certain to have average crowds of over 50k this season.

E) Du Pont has silenced our FFP cheats label, at least for now.

Yes the media basis isn't going away any time soon and we continue to be a softer target than most, but at least we are not quite the lame media punch bags any more.
I agree with pretty much all you've said there, Tim, and it was inevitable as our stay at the top of the English game became more established and routine there would be a reduction in the invective. It's not easy to keep up that level of hatred without respite, even for the gutter press. As they come increasingly on board in the years ahead, we've got a responsibly as fans not to get sucked in by their new found obsequiousness. We've got a duty to remember how they reported on our rise.

When we dared to crash the cosy little party that they were at the heart of, most journalists made a conscious decision to side with the footballing establishment and in doing so backed the wrong horse. That makes them lacking in imagination, spineless and in many instances, stupid. We should never forget the way many of them sneered and scoffed at us as a club.

Fuck them.

I agree with pretty much all you've said there, Tim, and it was inevitable as our stay at the top of the English game became more established and routine there would be a reduction in the invective. It's not easy to keep up that level of hatred without respite, even for the gutter press. As they come increasingly on board in the years ahead, we've got a responsibly as fans not to get sucked in by their new found obsequiousness. We've got a duty to remember how they reported on our rise.

When we dared to crash the cosy little party that they were at the heart of, most journalists made a conscious decision to side with the footballing establishment and in doing so backed the wrong horse. That makes them lacking in imagination, spineless and in many instances, stupid. We should never forget the way many of them sneered and scoffed at us as a club.

Fuck them.

Spot on GDM

I would also like to see Club medals handed to the Blues who gave the journos a bit of their own medicine all those years ago. Was it Walsall at home in the Johnson Paints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.