Media Discussion - 2023/24

These are the words of an intelligent man, and former professional player of great standing:

‘There’s a good organisation and desire. Over the course of the season they’ve lacked consistency but today you can look at a good all round performance and see those little shoots of positive things and Cole Palmer has just strolled around this pitch and owned this game to a degree.'

I am a big fan of Cole Palmer. I think he is an excellent prospect. I was disappointed he left, but understood the reasons, and we move on. There is no single person of any objectivity who believes that Cole Palmer owned yesterday's game. He did a couple of nice things, but that is it. This is the punditry standard we have reached, where individuals are placed on pedestals beyond their standing, and favourites are pre-determined.
I like Palmer too, he didn't do anything wrong by City, and I wish him a great career. Very very good player. However, he did nothing yesterday, and he's a stand-out talent in a mid table rabble (for now). His unofficial replacement, Doku, changed the game yesterday, when we needed just a little blast of energy and direct attacking. His risk taking and game intelligence has already improved greatly this season, and Pep will polish up his end product even more. Won't hear much about that in the papers today.

I like Palmer too, he didn't do anything wrong by City, and I wish him a great career. Very very good player. However, he did nothing yesterday, and he's a stand-out talent in a mid table rabble (for now). His unofficial replacement, Doku, changed the game yesterday, when we needed just a little blast of energy and direct attacking. His risk taking and game intelligence has already improved greatly this season, and Pep will polish up his end product even more. Won't hear much about that in the papers today.

While I think one of his reasons Cole wanted out and signed for Chelsea was to hopefully get more game time.

However I think getting a shit load of money both for a signing on fee and a big increase in wages and bonus would have had helped oil the works.

Last edited:
Caicedo is a spiteful dirty ****. In the league game at thge Etihad he received one yellow card for three clear yellow card offences. He should have been sent off in both games.
Enzo Fernandez is another useless dirty fucker £212,000,000 for the pair is a piss take on Chelsea and there board and English football.

Stick reporting about the red shirt clubs in the DailyUnited/Fail, you tw@t!

Ladyman is still a sly snivelling shithouse who can only open his big mouth from behind the safety of his computer. Like a lot of todays generation, great at giving their opinion and would shit the bed if someone faced up to them.

Last edited:
These are the words of an intelligent man, and former professional player of great standing:

‘There’s a good organisation and desire. Over the course of the season they’ve lacked consistency but today you can look at a good all round performance and see those little shoots of positive things and Cole Palmer has just strolled around this pitch and owned this game to a degree.'

I am a big fan of Cole Palmer. I think he is an excellent prospect. I was disappointed he left, but understood the reasons, and we move on. There is no single person of any objectivity who believes that Cole Palmer owned yesterday's game. He did a couple of nice things, but that is it. This is the punditry standard we have reached, where individuals are placed on pedestals beyond their standing, and favourites are pre-determined.
Palmer is an excellent player and he had his moments yesterday without really excelling. But to say he owned the game is very disingenuous. Apologies if already posted, but who are the quotes from?

Ladyman is still a sly snivelling shithouse who can only open his big mouth from behind the safety of his computer. Like a lot of today generation, great at giving their opinion and would shit the bed if someone faced up to them.
You’re right, they need to be aware that words have consequences…..

I had a discussion with a Newcastle fan at Wembley yesterday (club Wembley) and he started spouting the cheating line, 115 charges etc. I fronted him up and he immediately backed down explaining how he likes City and what we’ve achieved. I reminded him it was the red clubs that fucked his team…and without ffp Newcastle would likely be an established top 3 or 4 team by now…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.