Media Discussion - 2023/24

Wow, Simon Jordon has seen the light! I can’t do links but I’ll write his words from the Mail …
on FFP -
“it is clear to me now that it [FFP] is the ultimate form of protectionism. Ask yourself who are the people making these rules? When you work backwards from that, you start to work out why these rules were brought in. It’s pulling up the drawbridge and making it virtually impossible to break into the elite“.

Wtf has happened?
At some point their normal nonsense stops getting the likes and clicks, that's when they "suddenly" do an about turn to generate more teeth gnashing. It's not even subtle really.

Wow, Simon Jordon has seen the light! I can’t do links but I’ll write his words from the Mail …
on FFP -
“it is clear to me now that it [FFP] is the ultimate form of protectionism. Ask yourself who are the people making these rules? When you work backwards from that, you start to work out why these rules were brought in. It’s pulling up the drawbridge and making it virtually impossible to break into the elite“.

Wtf has happened?
He is just drifting with the sentiment, the G14 and their American buddies want rid of FFP, so they persecuted a few lower clubs, with the full intention of breaking it yet still blaming City for it.
Ask him what he thinks of the new G14 and their american buddies PSR, because when one goes another will come in, and it will be run by the same G14 power brokers within the FA.

Celtic were huge in the 60s and 70s with Irish ex pats, especially in North America. But the world has changed and Scottish football is nowhere nowadays.
I have 2 Scottish brother in laws (I know unlucky) living in Canada. The nostalgia and bragging of how big Celtic are is off the scale. These Worldwide supporters clubs (I can only vouch for three Canadian ones I have been in) are now frequented by a few pensioners who turn up to drink a couple of bottles of Molson or Labatts to watch the games or reruns of them winning big games in Europe long ago. Most lose interest 20 mins in.

The so called "World Wide" reach of the old firm is strictly limited to the countries these Scottish ex pats moved to. Canada, Boston, Chicago New York and LA in the US, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

on FFP -

Wtf has happened?
beware Greeks bearing gifts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.