Media Discussion - 2023/24

Apparently Beckham sent that young Warrington lad a good luck message before the darts final. As hes only 16 hes likely to have said who he ? Is their nothing this sad cockney reject wont do to get in the news. One time i cheered the GPC was when he pissed that c** t off. Believe he speaks well of me though.
Beckham would send a message to a big steaming turd if he thought it would get him a knighthood

I don’t think a single penny of City’s income comes from oil. Not sure it ever has.
Google is your friend...

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is the fourth largest economy in the Middle East (after Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Israel), with gross domestic product (GDP) reaching US$498 billion (1.83 trillion dirhams) in 2023 . The UAE economy relies heavily on income from oil and natural gas, especially in Abu Dhabi.

Google is your friend...

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is the fourth largest economy in the Middle East (after Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Israel), with gross domestic product (GDP) reaching US$498 billion (1.83 trillion dirhams) in 2023 . The UAE economy relies heavily on income from oil and natural gas, especially in Abu Dhabi.
I’ve read the non oil income of Abu Dhabi now accounts for half the GDP (around 300b) so obviously very important but the State is diversifying its income base. Also Abu Dhabi has a population of just 1.5 million which is about a sixth of Israel’s population and dwarfed by Saudi’s 35m residents.

I’ve read the non oil income of Abu Dhabi now accounts for half the GDP (around 300b) so obviously very important but the State is diversifying its income base. Also Abu Dhabi has a population of just 1.5 million which is about a sixth of Israel’s population and dwarfed by Saudi’s 35m residents.

I've been to the UAE many times.

I don't want to insult your intelligence, but without oil the UAE would be a a few thousand bedouins and a whole lot of sand and flies.

I don't want to insult your intelligence, but without oil the UAE would be a a few thousand bedouins and a whole lot of sand and flies.
Oh yeah, I get that and you will be more clued up than I am, I just remember Abu Dhabi and Dubai were trying to diversify to other industries and commerce going back almost 20 years ago when I made my one and only visit there in 2006.

And without the empire England would look like, well, Wales. I don't suppose you would say the NHS is funded by colonialisation?

Everything is nuanced.

I suppose we can agree that Mansour inherited his personal wealth from his father's exploitation of oil, but he has made his money himself from a wide range of business investments?

Last edited:
I supportell

And without without the empire England would look like, well, Wales. I don't suppose you would say the NHS is funded by colonialisation?

Everything is nuanced.

I suppose we can agree that Mansour inherited his personal wealth from his father's exploitation of oil, but he has made his money himself from a wide range of business investments?

Exactly that, everything started somewhere.

If South America didn’t have gold Madrid wouldn’t look it did & if Africa didn’t have people neither would the USA.

The media coverage of that lad has been wall to wall the last 48 hrs. And that’s the reason beckham sent the message. Absolutely spot on! The fucking wanker lives off attention
Sadly the wanker is still seen as box office, which is puke inducing!

Me and Mrs Prague went to see the in-laws between christmas and new year and believe it or not on Czech tv news there was a piece about his christmas day at home with his family! YCMIU!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.