Media Discussion - 2023/24

Still staggered by the tweets by Ian Ladyman last night about City not selling out.

Three separate tweets based on complete bullshit. Thousands of views - loads of the usual Emptihad replies, followed by an apology - but leaves all the original tweets up.

The Senior 'shit stirrer 'n mud chucker' of The Mail.
Just amended this for a little more accuracy, P!

Still staggered by the tweets by Ian Ladyman last night about City not selling out.

Three separate tweets based on complete bullshit. Thousands of views - loads of the usual Emptihad replies, followed by an apology - but leaves all the original tweets up.

The Senior Football reporter of The Mail.
He did track back in later tweets and confirmed it was sold out but the damage was already done and he got the interactions journalists crave

Ian Ladyman on Twitter basically calling our support shit, can’t sell out a semi final etc. I know we’ve had this sort of criticism aimed towards us for years, but when it’s lies I can’t handle it. He’s a journalist, he should do his job instead of getting involved in piling in on the digs. Chelsea had empty seats, they sold out too. They live around the corner, why don’t they get laughed at?

Tell you what, once we are cleared it’s going to break lives. Empty seats (which isn’t even true) and 115 is all they’ve got.
It has just become pure poison with some of these hacks who can't even be bothered to check basic facts on Google. Since when has it become a journalist's job to taunt and troll his potential customers. It is just totally unprofessional for a sports writer to get involved in a slanging match on social media with football fans. No wonder huge jobs cuts are underway at the Mail. These organisations have just lost the plot. Ladyman should be ashamed of himself but he will probably regard it as a joke. And the breakdown in trust in the mainstream media is not a laughing matter.

These are the words of an intelligent man, and former professional player of great standing:

‘There’s a good organisation and desire. Over the course of the season they’ve lacked consistency but today you can look at a good all round performance and see those little shoots of positive things and Cole Palmer has just strolled around this pitch and owned this game to a degree.'

I am a big fan of Cole Palmer. I think he is an excellent prospect. I was disappointed he left, but understood the reasons, and we move on. There is no single person of any objectivity who believes that Cole Palmer owned yesterday's game. He did a couple of nice things, but that is it. This is the punditry standard we have reached, where individuals are placed on pedestals beyond their standing, and favourites are pre-determined.
I think Cole has been superb this season for Chelsea but he was poor yesterday like Bellingham was against us in both games with Madrid. But it seems people are unable to shift from these narratives. There are stil pundits who say Rashford is world class when he has never been better than "a good PL player" in a poor team.

BBC football article is mostly about Chelsea not taking their chances and winning the match.

Ian Ladyman on Twitter basically calling our support shit, can’t sell out a semi final etc. I know we’ve had this sort of criticism aimed towards us for years, but when it’s lies I can’t handle it. He’s a journalist, he should do his job instead of getting involved in piling in on the digs. Chelsea had empty seats, they sold out too. They live around the corner, why don’t they get laughed at?

Tell you what, once we are cleared it’s going to break lives. Empty seats (which isn’t even true) and 115 is all they’ve got.
The type who are small-minded enough to be brainwashed by the fact that 115 charges means we MUST be guilty of something, and even if only non-cooperstion, that would confirm that we're guilty of the rest, and automatically get loads of points off/relegated/titles expunged.

And they are the ones whose teeth will gnash the most as they struggle to comprehend how 'no relegation/points deductions' could be possible. (Simpleton amswer: brown envelopes)

Got one such gooner in my locals.

He gets livid and just tries to interrupt and shout you down when you show him any other alternative outcome.

I find it's better to just leave him to his 12 pints a day utopian haze.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.