Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sick day yesterday so had a ssn on most of the day. Stuart Pearce was on reviewing the weekends games.

Whilst the numpty still thinks the rags will win the league, he did refer to City as us and debunked all of the ‘but is their weakness defence’ questions thrown at him. He was also asked if City were a KDB team after Pep’s comments about spuds and answered along the lines that you could also call City a silva team or any other number of players.
Pearce was co commentator on TS, and full of praise for how we played.

The Barcelona leaving La Liga talk is all scaremongering bullshit. They say the law forbids teams from other countries in, but that's not true, there's just nothing allowing it, it was beyond comprehension when the laws were written.

100's of laws will need to be written and rewritten if Catalunya actually leave, so rewriting one about football is not going to be a big deal.

La Liga can't afford Barcelona to leave, Real Madrid definitely can't afford it, and they'd probably find Ligue 1 more than prepared to welcome them in like they do Monaco.

Tebas the president is a right wing nut, so he likes to talk up the idea that Barcelona would be ruining themselves, but the truth is La Liga would lose more than half it's value to TV companies, viewers and sponsors overnight.

No it would never happen I agree. Also Catalonia would never, ever be granted independence. It does not matter how many ballots they conduct. There would have to be another civil war first.

A different but more relevant issue is how these two clubs are " sponsored" by the two competing regions. And this is because of the autonomy of the regions in Spain and the importance of these two clubs in those relationships

No it would never happen I agree. Also Catalonia would never, ever be granted independence. It does not matter how many ballots they conduct. There would have to be another civil war first.

A different but more relevant issue is how these two clubs are " sponsored" by the two competing regions. And this is because of the autonomy of the regions in Spain and the importance of these two clubs in those relationships
'Never' is a long time, mate.

She has predicted that City wont even finish in the top 4 and that Everton and Liverpool will win European competitions. She's either pure clickbait or a misinformed no mark. I can understand tribalism in football because I am guilty of that but I'm not writing for the Times ;)
Don't be surprised. Rudd is a scouser by birth and therefore, by definition, deluded.

I'm not on board with this whole "women make worse pundits than men" thing, but by God, Alyson Rudd really is a fucking idiot. She doesn't have a clue and is only working for the times because equality protocol dictates they must have at least one senior female football writer.
Plus she has a face like a smacked arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.