Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dutch footie debat between two once great football players, highlighting City's performance vs Stoke and in general:
-City are playing the best football in Europe right now.
-How much money was put in to it you reckon?
I don't know but I do know all the other European top teams did and do.
-So you think money is not important?
-It's not about the money. It's about the clubs philosophy and City's one with Guardiola, what the club has done to make it happen, and the patience it had to get to the way they are playing now.
-So they did a year ago and faded.
-Honestly you think they are at the same level than one year ago? Have you not seen the fullbacks who are now playing for City? Take a look at Walkers' run for the first goal as an example. And the goalkeeper that has improved. And the fact Guardiola is making every single player at City play better. You must have seen this.
-We'll see in a few weeks time. But I agree it will be between the two Manchester clubs this year.
-But you can't state United are playing as wonderful as City surely?
-United stopped Liverpool from playing and that is impressive.
-City beat Liverpool 5-0.
-That was Liverpool with 10 men.
-I think you don't like City ...
-No no no, but it's hard to have sympathy for clubs like PSG, Chelsea and City.

And that last sentence says it all and made the discussion totally worthless.

Who said crime doesn't pay.

Daily Mirror

Criticism of Jose Mourinho's tactics is mad - we learned far more about Manchester United than City this weekend
Mourinho shut up shop against Liverpool but came away with a gutsy goalless draw that showed their metal

Stan-Collymore-byline.png

Stan Collymore

The fact the mirror hires professional journalists who don't know the difference between metal and mettle is telling.

He’s steeling a living.

He's a floored character and his contribution to journalism is poultry

UTTER BELLEND OF A MAN

"I even heard some Manchester City fans crowing, ‘We want to win games and win them well’.

"Which is rubbish — I don’t remember it being about style over substance for them two decades ago when they were scraping through third-tier finals at Wembley.

"City just wanted to get up the leagues back then and they didn’t care how they did it.

"Yet here they are, 20 years and a billionaire sheikh later, basking in the gloriousness of life in Pepville."

Stan:

"That isn’t a given while they are conceding two goals in games against teams such as Stoke."

--------------------------

How many did United concede against Stoke again Stan?

Stan:

"That isn’t a given while they are conceding two goals in games against teams such as Stoke."

--------------------------

How many did United concede against Stoke again Stan?
Yeah, but they drew away from home, so it's better apparently.

City 5-0 Liverpool
Liverpool 0-0 Rags

City 7-2 Stoke
Stoke 2-2 Rags

We're doing it wrong ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.