Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tough skin lads I am very comfortable in my intelligence and don't feel threatened with people calling me gullible etc - The two posters that swore at me and told me to fck of the forum is the problem i have. That shouldn't be tolerated. They are the nes showing lack of class intelligence and debating skills.

look its on you guys - you seem friendly enough - bar now- I wont stick where i am not wanted. You have a guy that is convinced the bbc have a major conspiracy over man city. yet you can not fathom how big business operates, and utilses loop holes, grey areas, and shadow directors.
I have a feeling you think you know it all and are unwilling to listen which makes a discussion pointless. The fact is that you're blatantly lazy and ill informed... you've not bothered to look and compare the figures for yourself and that's clear to everyone who has. How do you determine fair value? Isn't that done by comparing to the clubs around us? Would you say we are now a well established top 4 club in the most watch league around? Would you also say we are now a well established CL club as a result of consistently finishing in the top 4?

After you have answered that the next thing to do would be maybe compare our sponsorship deal as a whole to that of the other top 6 clubs never mind top 4(here's a hint last I checked there's only Spurs we are getting more from our sponsors than for shirts, stadium naming rights, training ground and training kits such is the level of money wrangling going on, Etihad get a great deal from us in comparison). Is your argument that fair value is based solely on fanbase size?(a mistake to begin with) You do know they can only estimate that and social media accounts aren't the be all, end all(I don't even use social media myself I don't know about you) but watch any of our summer tours and try and deny we are a world force now though, you'd be lying to yourself. If you were really objectively trying to look for value you'd also look at viewing figures(that's what sponsors pay attention to) and right now we are one of the most watched teams the world over...

Here some links for you to ignore to back up what I say somewhat:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...most-valuable-soccer-teams-2017/#351f0e0177ea

City largest audience for televised games in the US last season(do we think that will have gone up or down this season?)

good-day-sir.gif

Last edited:
my point was past dealings and that big businesses to many grey things, but like i stated i dont think its a morally bad thing - barca and rM are proper curropt with PSG not exactly an angel. If a bit of wheeling and dealing gets you on a level playing field - its better for the game. FFP has traped the top teams - or should i say the lesser teams from getting into that position. But the top teams need to have good competition. and its good to see City getting closer to RM and Barca.

Do you know Man City are the most scrutinised club in Europe UEFA with Gill as a director we get our books looked at with fine tooth comb! Do you really believe we get away with any of that fantasy your spouting?

I have tough skin lads I am very comfortable in my intelligence and don't feel threatened with people calling me gullible etc - The two posters that swore at me and told me to fck of the forum is the problem i have. That shouldn't be tolerated. They are the nes showing lack of class intelligence and debating skills.

Time to move on.

You should know better than to go down the road you did on here and to those dishing abuse out, cut it out.

Thanks.

I have a feeling you think you know it all and are unwilling to listen which makes a discussion pointless. The fact is that you're blatantly lazy and ill informed... you've not bothered to look and compare the figures for yourself and that's clear to everyone who has. How do you determine fair value?(isn't that done by comparing to the clubs around us?) Would you say we are now a well established top 4 club in the most watch league around? Would you also say we are now a well established CL club as a result of consistently finishing in the top 4?

After you have answered that the next thing to do would be maybe compare our sponsorship deal as a whole to that of the other top 6 clubs never mind top 4(here's a hint last I checked there's only Spurs we are getting more from our sponsors than for shirts, stadium naming rights, training ground and training kits such is the level of money wrangling going on). Is your argument that fair value is based solely on fanbase size? You do know they can only estimate that and social media accounts are the be all end all(I don't even use social media myself I don't know about you) but watch any of our summer tours and try and deny we are a world force now though (you'd be lying to yourself). If you were really going to look for value you'd also look at viewing figures(that's what sponsors pay attention to) and right now we are one of the most watched teams the world over...

Here some links for you to ignore to back up what I say somewhat:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...most-valuable-soccer-teams-2017/#351f0e0177ea

City largest audience for televised games in the US last season(do we think that will have gone up or down this season?)

good-day-sir.gif
Ok fella thanks for the info. I am not into social media myself.

I agree you are a world force (stated it many times)- you just think i am a man u fan on a wum. been supporting man city in europe for years.

My argument is i know big business. thats all. But i am not going to mention it in regards to the city owners again.

I'm sure you mean no offence, so I'll take none, but unless you take a particularly keen interest in the way City are reported on especially by the BBC i really wonder if you are able to put this particular incident in context.

The BBC - particularly but not exclusively through social media - have in recent years taken a large number of potshots at City. Mostly they take the form of little digs and sly innuendos but sometimes it is less subtle. There is a whole thread relating to a complaint to the BBC made in relation to one such dig (if you are interested, put 'Complaint to BBC re Pete the Badge' in the search box and read into it further.) There are many other examples - some serious, others trivial beyond belief - in the 460 pages of this thread, which incidentally began in the close-season. There is a BBC journalist called Simon Stone whose pieces about City almost always contain such digs and innuendos, and even though City were utterly brilliant last night he was at it again last night during the BBC's live feed. Again, put 'Simon Stone' into the search box and you will find many examples of the same sort of thing. There are a number of similar examples, which many City fans are quite frankly pissed off royally by (especially given that the BBC as a state-funded broadcaster has a legal obligation to be impartial in all matters). And of course the contrast with the way United are portrayed by the BBC is particularly keenly felt.

Opinions vary as to why this is so. Some take the view that for click bait reasons stories favourable to Manchester United and/or critical of Manchester City will always attract more website traffic, and the BBC is in that respect no better and no worse than any other traffic-chasing website; maybe the large number of fawning documentaries shown by the BBC about United related matters supports this view. Some take the view that there is a large number of United supporting employees at BBC Sport and that rather than anything more sinister this is just the product of simple tribalism from United fans in positions where their tribalism has an outlet. It's fairly well documented that Simon Stone, having used him as an instance, is a United fan, which may explain some of his output, but that may also have something to do him being treated like a complete idiot by pep Guardiola at press conferences. There are those who think there is no bias whatsoever, but frankly there aren't that many who think the BBC's reporting of City is broadly fair and even handed. Whatever its cause, most City fans regard the BBC's reporting of City with a distinct lack of enthusiasm.

As to the matters City fans complain of, many do not seem, in themselves, to be particularly major issues. Yet as with any systematic pattern of behaviour, when you look at individual examples in isolation the individual complaints can appear trivial or petty but that is to ignore the wider context, without which it is impossible to view the thing properly. A drop of water looked at in isolation is a drop of water, but it is something else completely when viewed in the context of chinese water torture treatment.

So when an article about the U17 World cup refers to Jadon Sancho, and refers to the club he plays for, and refers to Kirby's winning penalty and mentions that he is a Palace player, but refers to the goalkeeper's outstanding performance without mentioning that he is a Manchester City player, you do wonder why that particular editorial decision was taken. Was it a deliberate snub? We'll never know, but against a sustained background of sly little digs, biased comments and the like, you might not find it surprising that City fans (who are probably a lot more attuned to notice this than you are) assume the worst.
Excellent every word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.