Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace GAO
Nice to see someone from elsewhere.

I think it is true that the deal City got with Etihad was likely in excess of market value for City at that time. However, that deal has had a flat rate for 10 years, and is now significantly below market value. Both sides gained in different ways.

I think it's also known that the Abu Dhabi-sourced sponsors were quite high initially. Nowadays, they're nowhere near as significant on a %age basis.

City's failing of FFP was based on several things:
- being very close to the limit, but believing that the "upward progress" would cover it
- rerrangement of naming rights (and I think group staff costs) to a different company in the City Football Group, and cross-group (this was reflected as an outgoing expense for staff services, and an income from the rights sale); UEFA hadn't seen this move before and didn't really know what to do with it.
- most importantly, UEFA changed the rules on how pre-existing contracts were viewed, but only did it after City had submitted their accounts! That's like being told that a law passed today will let someone sue you for something you did last year!

The chairman has said several times that FFP made them accelerate spending, but that is mostly an effect of the trapdoor FFP which bizarrely prevent a new owner investing in his club (this has been relaxed recently, just at the time that the Milan clubs were being taken over!). However, the club aren't in debt or in any danger financially.

Ta,

I didnt know FFP had changed again . Can teams now spend over 10% of last years revenue? (i think that was the limit)

How much can the milan clubs new owners spend?

"UEFA changed the rules on how pre-existing contracts were viewed, but only did it after City had submitted their accounts! That's like being told that a law passed today will let someone sue you for something you did last year!"

that is bang out of order..

Ta,

I didnt know FFP had changed again . Can teams now spend over 10% of last years revenue? (i think that was the limit)

"UEFA changed the rules on how pre-existing contracts were viewed, but only did it after City had submitted their accounts! That's like being told that a law passed today will let someone sue you for something you did last year!"

Welcome to the corrupt world of football.

"
A loophole in the system will save Milan from any repercussions, for this summer at least, because of a 'voluntary agreement' that is in place.

The voluntary agreement is a way that clubs can 'dodge' the restrictions of FFP, and is of real significance to clubs, like Milan, who have recently changed their ownership.

UEFA allow for teams who do not have their accounts in order or those who have recently changed their sources of investment to have three years to come within the parameters set by FFP while avoiding sanctions.

Milan's Chinese investors have launched a project called 'Milan China' with the aim of promoting the club in the Asian nation to maximise their sales revenue in the country and subsequently boosting their income.

After that, increased income will be largely reliant on their performances on the field, and whether or not they can return to the Champions League and the title-winning days of the past.

Having already submitted documentation outlining their plan to UEFA, European football's governing body have requested a more detailed account of the process that is to come and its viability.

For now, Milan are safe, but they will meet with UEFA again in October."

What I can make from this is that FFP will not stop new rich buyers injecting as much capital as they want - as long as the team in question has a detailed plan of new revenue sources and that business plan is realised.

Maybe this is why Ashley has put Newcastle up for sale and rumours about the club being able to get to a high standard as with the promotion and the new guidelines newcastle is now potentially worth a lot more..

Last edited:
Ok you have laid it out for me with sources to look for . The argument now makes a bit more sense. we are all brainwashed to a degree, and the media does that...

TAKE NOTICE OF WHAT NEATRALS SAY ABOUT YOUR CLUBS play not the papers.. ok.

a link to a man city article full of praise and real journalistic integrity from Saj Chowdhury- a art of the article is added below the link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41534300

Yes that one journo you speak of may have a beef with City, and the editors publish his stuff. But its really not a big deal. There are much more worrying stuff going on in corruption in football and major corruption in the world to get wrapped up in that.

Four points:

1. As to the bold part, sure. When you are up to speed with the BBC's output over say the last three years regarding City, your opinion on whether this phenomenon exists and if so why will be most welcome.

2. As to the part in capitals, this is a thread specifically discussing the media. Why would we not discuss the media in such a thread?

3. Re Saj Choudhary, you have sourced one article. Read the entire thread for many detailed explanations as to why individual articles may or may not be representative of wider trends. And see 1 above.

4. As regards Simon Stone, again see 1 above.

1. As to the bold part, sure. When you are up to speed with the BBC's output over say the last three years regarding City, your opinion on whether this phenomenon exists and if so why will be most welcome.

well come on you know i am not gonna do that.. I do have work and a life!!

2. As to the part in capitals, this is a thread specifically discussing the media. Why would we not discuss the media in such a thread?

Thats fine , understood.

3. Re Saj Choudhary, you have sourced one article. Read the entire thread for many detailed explanations as to why individual articles may or may not be representative of wider trends. And see 1 above.

My point from linking that article was eally just to show how the journo in question had integrity when quoting others. He explained it much lesser words that Pep may have just said it as he had kane on his mind from his 13 goals in september, without any dig at Tottenham at all.

If he is a man u fan and has issues with pep and has made digs at City then he is not a good employee for the BBC(as they have a code of conduct that other media sources do not adhere to) for allowing his personal feelings get in the way of good unbiased journalism.

And then his editor is not doing a good enough job in checking his content. so we have two culprits unless you think its a wider conspiracy against City.

What do you think is going on Chris?

I mean You got to understand I am not going to go through 100's of articles if not thousands!!

Ta,

Chuck in.......
1. UEFA then divvying up our ‘fine’ between our immediate rivals.
2. UEFA then changing the rules back again after it became clear that compliance was no longer a problem for us, to enable old guard teams like AC Milan to effectively spend with complete impunity
3. UEFA fining us more for being 30 seconds late back on the pitch at half time than they did our opponents for racially abusing our players.
4. UEFA banning fans from the CSKA vs City fixture after we’d all booked flights and hotels, and then letting a thousand CSKA ultras in as sponsor’s “guests” anyway

......and maybe you’ll understand why we boo their fucking anthem

well come on you know i am not gonna do that.. I do have work and a life!!

Thats fine , understood.

My point from linking that article was eally just to show how the journo in question had integrity when quoting others. He explained it much lesser words that Pep may have just said it as he had kane on his mind from his 13 goals in september, without any dig at Tottenham at all.

If he is a man u fan and has issues with pep and has made digs at City then he is not a good employee for the BBC(as they have a code of conduct that other media sources do not adhere to) for allowing his personal feelings get in the way of good unbiased journalism.

And then his editor is not doing a good enough job in checking his content. so we have two culprits unless you think its a wider conspiracy against City.

What do you think is going on Chris?

I mean You got to understand I am not going to go through 100's of articles if not thousands!!

You may have missed my post on this yesterday, but as of 2015 the BBC’s Sports Social Media editor has been Nick Coppack......recruited from.....drumroll......Manchester United’s media team. Hope this helps you understand why cnut’s like Stone are allowed to jibe away at City without fear of rebuke

Ta,

The last bit is good, isn't it? It's one of several reasons the CL tune gets booed.

I think newly bought clubs can now spend a lot for a year or two; I'm not sure of the details, but Milan signed loads of players, so certainly 9 figures looks ok.

I think the 10% thing might be the domestic limit of not increasing wage bills by more than a certain amount unless it's covered by a non-TV income source. I think it's still in place though. I don't think much else has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.