Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question ; can someone please direct me to any honest and straightforward observation on our play that I might be able to read online here in the states? Thanks in advance.

espn(us) is pretty unbiased , you can get segments on youtube or espn website. The only thing they are biased about bar Craig Burely who isnt biased is about the US national team.

Yeah it was 10 games in all competitions including CL qualifiers, CL matches and Carling cup.

We drew our second CL match with Celtic which ended the 10 match run and then lost our 7th PL match away to Spurs. This time we won both with our 7th PL match being away to Chelsea.

Thing is we didn't start this season in great style. Brighton away was a competent job, we dropped points at home to Everton and struggled to put Bournmouth down. At that point Man U were all the rage and Lukaku was a cross between Ronaldo and Messi.
They dickheads in the media are not bright enough to even question their own narrative
They conveniently forget the CL Qualifiers and the CC cup, and it has now become 10 league games. Realistically we are 12 games in and still winning ten and drawing one.

So we are all now agreed there is a media bias?
We just need to stop highlighting the trivial stuff, which only serves to aid Frank and his mate.

I agree with that - but that is not a conspiracy its due to the man u players jobs in the press. Its purely the age of the best english domestic , european wide and international players that give them the advantage of the jobs. They are melts that can not separate their personal feelings on TV. However shout out to gary Neville - who I think is balanced and give a fine perspective.

The Football media in the Uk and i suppose a lot of the world as well is still mainly driven by United and liverpool as the historic clubs.

I dont think there is any major conspiracy - but people are clearly employed on the basis of the clubs they played for or journos are by who they support and then that almost subconscious bias (or conscious) gets more click bait for the media involved.

The problem is that there is a definite bias from a lot of the media but now, regrettably, a lot of City fans on Bluemoon use this thread to look for the slightest thing they can twist into an agenda. And I believe there is an agenda but we really should stick to the obvious stuff instead of looking at things that are not really there.
You are bang on. Some palace fans do the same - all fans from all clubs do the same to a degree.

As people get older they either get more paranoid or wiser.

I agree with that - but that is not a conspiracy its due to the man u players jobs in the press. Its purely the age of the best english domestic , european wide and international players that give them the advantage of the jobs. They are melts that can not separate their personal feelings on TV. However shout out to gary Neville - who I think is balanced and give a fine perspective.

The Football media in the Uk and i suppose a lot of the world as well is still mainly driven by United and liverpool as the historic clubs.

I dont think there is any major conspiracy - but people are clearly employed on the basis of the clubs they played for or journos are by who they support and then that almost subconscious bias (or conscious) gets more click bait for the media involved.

Exactly in SE Asia where huge amounts of interest and money are involved.

Exactly in SE Asia where huge amounts of interest and money are involved.

I suppose what really gets under Citys fanbase is that many rival fans or dismissive football fans rattle on without realising that Man city do have a half decent history - It was never just an average team before the buy out. You had some great years in the 70's

I suppose what really gets under Citys fanbase is that many rival fans or dismissive football fans rattle on without realising that Man city do have a half decent history - It was never just an average team before the buy out. You had some great years in the 70's

Not just the 70's, we have a rich and interesting history.
I've been there for more than half a century, where were you?

We weren't average before the takeover - sometimes it was well below average!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.