Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comments section, 318 of them, on the BBC Sport Danilo signing article, are absolute gems.

You've guessed it. United fan boys from all over the World. Sugar Daddy. Petro Dollars. Inflated sponsorship deals. FFP. Emptyhad. Buying success. Etc.

I'm noticing 2010 levels of bitterness from all over now. The media, the pundits and the fans. Petro dollars. Propped up by Authoritarian regimes. It's ok cos United spend their own money. Best manager in the world only needs to spend £400m to get a team what a fraud.

I assume it will all dissipate when the season starts, but it's getting tiring already.

The paradigm is shifting once again and they are reacting in the only way they know how. In fear and with loathing.
It's funny because they've known who we're after for months and months but it still seems to shock them when the announcement happens.

The way you talk about public sector pay in teaching would suggest that all the complaints about pay in recent years from the profession have been ill-founded, disingenuous and....errrr....wrong...
You have to be a qualified teacher in the maitained sector (generally) but not so in private sector. Often those that cannot cut it end up in private sector. So none qualified, lower accountability and generally gash accounts for any pay discrepancy...

There are hammers and nails in this world .
77d90c239740708325c826c9138b036d.jpg

And some dickheads that cant tell the difference between a Screw and a nail ;)

It's funny because they've known who we're after for months and months but it still seems to shock them when the announcement happens.

Must admit to a little relief myself so perhaps we should allow them a non complimentary comment or two.

Another New Narrative for us this season to beat us with and that **** Neville tweeting about Foden

@GNev2: He's at the wrong Manchester club for getting a sustained opportunity. City have a lot of great kids. They should be playing...
WTF Rashford only got game time cos they had to play him due to players having injuries.
same with Whatsisname & Janet.

The way you talk about public sector pay in teaching would suggest that all the complaints about pay in recent years from the profession have been ill-founded, disingenuous and....errrr....wrong...

If you can point me to where I’ve said we lag behind teachers in the private sector, do point the way…you’ll be searching a long time. That’s because you’re…err…wrong. Annual salary is generally slightly better in the independent world of teaching, but pay progression lacks massively behind, job security is nothing like as secure in the private world. Many private schools do not and will not allow teachers to sign contracts beyond 12 months, union membership in a private school is akin to a death warrant on your career (private schools don’t want anyone challenging some of their more “unorthodox” practices).

We’re sidetracking the thread here though, so we’ll have to agree to disagree about the relative merits of journalists and their salaries. You’re mistaken in your beliefs about teacher finances though - you’ll have to agree to that, cos, in true teacher to pupil fashion, "I’m right and you’re…err…wrong.” Again :-)

FYI - Neil Moxley from the mirror has just posted pure rage in the mirror... actually laughing my bo**ocks off at it.. he uses the words "just who does he think he is" hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.