Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what way are Liverpool on the back foot with the media here?

The Times has completely removed their article, and every other paper is quickly filling up with articles on how he’s defiantly telling city he’s not xenophobic and taking action to clear his name.
So where did you read or hear about the above? If having to go legal to set the record straight is not being on the backfoot then I honestly don't know what is. He's fucked up. They know it. It's now about damage limitation for him and them.

So where did you read or hear about the above? If having to go legal to set the record straight is not being on the backfoot then I honestly don't know what is. He's fucked up. They know it. It's now about damage limitation for him and them.
I've seen that all over media online, whether it's true or not is another matter. The fact that it was reported as "an anonymous source said..." leaves the question as too who exactly he's taking legal action against. Would a journalist release a name?

Absolutely, no one fuckin falls for it. Look at the comments about them the other day
But the sheep do fall for it unfortunately. That's why we are FFP cheats. An 'oil club'. Underhand / backhand payment cheats. Inflating sponsorship deals cheats. Attendance figures / ticket sales cheats. Haalands on £900K a week cheats etc I could go on and on. The average person in the street who has a passing interest in football gets bombarded with this bullshit virtually on a daily basis and it sinks in. That's what propganda is designed to do. I've been out to parties and gatherings and spoke to people about football, told them that I'm a City fan and all of the above immediately gets regurgitated. The people who leave the comments are in a very small minority overall. That's why they do it.

I think there's a change afoot. Eddie Howe in the DT this morning has a sizeable article which pulls no punches and NUFC are clearly not gonna sit back and take the shite that Klopp just flings around the place, sorry the shit that Klopp flings around the place that the rest of the nation completely misunderstands.
I think the City statement was a warning shot across the bows, meant not just for Klopp. The American owners and their acolytes have got away with too much for too long when it comes to misinformation.

When Sheik Mansour took over City there was no mention of sportswashing, human rights or limitless funding. If I recall, the message in the media and the "SKY 4" was that you cannot buy success, only mercenaries would play for City and proper players would only choose to go to "Traditionally big clubs" like theirs. City Bingo evolved and it is time to finally put an end to it.

Manchester City has just been nominated as Club of the Year 2022 Ballon d'Or awards. This prestdigious European achievement has barely registered in the English media with no detailed listing of achievements that contributed to the award. If City are so bad where does it leave those clubs and their attack dogs who have orchestrated a clear and obvious campaign with their deflection tactics?

Fans of other clubs are seeing thro Klopp and the hyprocrisy of the likes of Liverpool who have enjoyed the financial advantage they now complain about for decades over the vast majority of other clubs and have actively promoted changes to consolidate their elite position they laughingly call "Football Royalty". Even more ironic when they express their anti royalist views and boo the national Anthem amongst other things.

Eddie Howe is right to add his two penn'orth. It is only criticised because it does not fit in with the Agenda. I too think there is a shift taking place as people wake up to the potential threat to the English game posed by American owners and their motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.