Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the media fall for liverpool's guff is unbelievable. It's like they daren't have a different view for fear of reprisals.
They boo the national anthem, no mention.
The silence for the Queen was interrupted, brief mentions. But not condemnation.
The bus attack, which was videoed, no arrests. The media pretty much let it go as 'a big European night at Anfield'.
They largely 'ignore' Heysel and their arrogance at the time was nothing short of..... errr 'well it's not our fault it's societies!'
English clubs got banned for their actions that night, not just liverpool. All our clubs suffered for THEIR fans.
They blamed Chelsea fans, Thatcher's Britain but took little or no responsibility themselves.
Yet diss them and it's page upon page of anger and disgust.

I read the article on that and checked the figures. Both of them used transfer figures from Transfer Mrkt.
Samuel's figures were spot on for the 5 summer windows and 4 winter windows from summer 18/19 to 22/23. However there was a mistake in the cumulative transfer markt figures - they hadn't included the sancho sell-on clause and the 2 boys to southampton. Samuel correctly included these and Jordan clearly didn't.

Jordan's other point was why had Samuel arbitrarily selected 5 years and why not go back to 17/18 when we spent 200 million.

Well the answer to that is the last 5 seasons suit us best for net spend BUT we've rebuilt the 100 points season team on a staggeringly low net spend.

Who remembers these 15 players who played PL minutes for us in 17/18 but have since left? :_

kompany
aguero
YaYa
dinho
sterling
david silva
Leroy sane
Delph
Jesus
Danilo
Mangala
Mendy
Zinchenko
Bravo
Brahim Diaz

In total they played about 65% of the 17/18 PL minutes leaving 35% minutes played by the likes of KDB, Ederson etc who are still here.
As a re-build the net transfer cost is insanely good.
So fuck off Jordan.

As an aside, do you know anything about Marin samuel's son - did he or has he worked for CFG? I've seen it all over the place today that he did as part of the scouse pushback on Martin Samuel.
Seen quite a few Liverpool fans claiming Samuel has been caught on super yachts in Abu Dhabi, fuck knows where they get that information from. I’m calling bullshit.

Disappointed in Sam Lee. His articles have generally been fair.

This is pathetic.

There's been no official position by the club. They should apologise for a small minority of idiots and their chants when liverpool do.

instead he's rallied round Dominic King, liverpools mouthpiece.

Jack Pitt-Brook can fuck off too.
Lee is a plantpot, masquerading as somebody with inside knowledge of which he has none, i used to listen to Why Always Me podcast but his inane utterances were insufferable, Fair & Balanced he has never been,
mabey i have i higher bar on what constitutes Fair.

Seen quite a few Liverpool fans claiming Samuel has been caught on super yachts in Abu Dhabi, fuck knows where they get that information from. I’m calling bullshit.
I’ve done a tiny bit of digging and it seems, to me anyways, this rumour has been started by that pleb Ewan MacKenna a few years back in a since deleted tweet which you can still see the screenshots of. He tweeted in reference to a story he was going to publish on Samuel which surprise surprise has never been seen.

Attachments

• 89E35840-D885-407D-A7BE-E5F68A01FE88.jpeg
    89E35840-D885-407D-A7BE-E5F68A01FE88.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 148
Disappointed in Sam Lee. His articles have generally been fair.

This is pathetic.

There's been no official position by the club. They should apologise for a small minority of idiots and their chants when liverpool do.

instead he's rallied round Dominic King, liverpools mouthpiece.

Jack Pitt-Brook can fuck off too.
Lee gives us the occasional back handed complement, but in general his articles are pretty lame.

His latest offering is essentially just parroting Liverpool talking points and blatantly ignoring (not even glossing over) the coin throwing and bus wrecking. He clearly portrays them as the victims in all this, almost as if his article should be accompanied by a short video of a tearful candle waving Dipper laying a wreath at the gates of Kanfield.

Apologists for Bingo all over the sports media this morning. FSG sending all their PR men out.

How the media fall for liverpool's guff is unbelievable. It's like they daren't have a different view for fear of reprisals.
They boo the national anthem, no mention.
The silence for the Queen was interrupted, brief mentions. But not condemnation.
The bus attack, which was videoed, no arrests. The media pretty much let it go as 'a big European night at Anfield'.
They largely 'ignore' Heysel and their arrogance at the time was nothing short of..... errr 'well it's not our fault it's societies!'
English clubs got banned for their actions that night, not just liverpool. All our clubs suffered for THEIR fans.
They blamed Chelsea fans, Thatcher's Britain but took little or no responsibility themselves.
Yet diss them and it's page upon page of anger and disgust.
I don't believe journalists fall for their guff, I believe they are instructed to do so.

Lee gives us the occasional back handed complement, but in general his articles are pretty lame.

His latest offering is essentially just parroting Liverpool talking points and blatantly ignoring (not even glossing over) the coin throwing and bus wrecking. He clearly portrays them as the victims in all this, almost as if his article should be accompanied by a short video of a tearful candle waving Dipper laying a wreath at the gates of Kanfield.
He likes the sound of his own voice too much IMO, I can't listen to the PODCAST he is on as he just annoys me which is a shame as David and the Spanish lad are OK/good. He is not a City fan and it shows, he is being paid to write about City so it appears he will write anything that fits the editorial agenda given to him and not with a City fan lens on it. I just ignore him now, there is enough Anti-City agenda out there without wasting my time listening or reading anything he says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.