Memories of your first time watching City

Don't remember too much from mine, other than..

1. On the maroon benches in Platt Lane.
2. Trevor Francis being sent off for a headbutt.
3. Kevin Bond scoring a 30 yarder.

Oh and it finished 1-1 v Everton. That's about it.
I was at that one (not my first, that was a while before that) a very unpleasant atmosphere that day. Seem to remember running battles in The Platt Lane during the game. As you say ,Trevor Francis saw red, Bond scored a great goal us, as did Adrian bloody Heath for them.....don't remember him doing that when he signed for us too often!!!

My oldest son is 21 and isnt into football. The first 6 games he went to was when stuart pearce was manager and we didnt score a goal. Not one.
He very quickly lost interest. Cant blame him.

Contrast my youngest 2 who think we win 5-0 every week
Christ, what an introduction to "the beautiful game".

clyde best was a decent player. remember him well
Clyde Best, I remember seeing him play for West Ham against us (actually on my first ever away fame). He was from Bermuda wasn't he! Quite possibly the 2nd best ever footballer from Bermuda!!!

Clyde Best, I remember seeing him play for West Ham against us (actually on my first ever away fame). He was from Bermuda wasn't he! Quite possibly the 2nd best ever footballer from Bermuda!!!
My first ever away game, not fame obviously .(that was a dodgy 80s teen musical series thingy) should learn to type!

1-5 v West Ham
Watching the 66 boys,
The pitch being a sea of mud too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.