Mental fatigue

I think mental burnout is something that's always overlooked when it comes to top athletes, the games themselves require intense concentration especially how we play(that's the edge we have over most teams we out think them more often than not) after the game they have to go over everything with the coaching staff, sometimes numerous times to understand what happened, what they need to repeat or do differently. Before every game there's the training and preparation(tactics, individual instructions and team ones), our players have to put just as much energy into the mental side as they do the physical.

As much as they love it, they have to live and breath the sport day in day out with so many games back to back, even if you were playing a video game competitively(where the physical aspect is not there) with that amount of dedication needed there is a risk of burn out in my opinion. By burn out I mean sooner or later your form would dip as you'd struggle to focus or stay as hungry and interested as when you've taken a break to switch off from it for a bit. I wonder what teams do to speed up this process(medication, diet, mental exercises?) if anything or is it still a matter of let things take their natural course?

Sorry to say but I think there is a certain complacency building up. The players are failing to put away the numerous chances - complacency - even Pep said after Wigan loss -great they had 1 shot - 1 shot 1 goal is what players should be aiming at - Sorry If City were only getting 1 chance per game we would have less points than west brom. Sorry but we waste chances.
Back to basics and Pep stickin a ball on the 6 yard line and asking someone to kick it into an empty net - might focus some heads!

I agree up to a point, because Gunders and Dave do score now and then, but I think it's more when they play together (particularly Gundogan and Bernardo) there's a lack of power, pace and directness in the team. I know that's not how we play particularly anyway, but we just look powderpuff when Kev and to a lesser degree Leroy are out of the picture

We looked pretty powderpuff on Monday. Great word.

It was a big problem last season when dominated games were drawn because we didn't score when on top.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.