Mentality and facts

spot on point.
I was talking with a mate of mine about upgrading the mentality of the fan base to act as an extra motivator in the matches and not to tolerate dip of form for long period. Stick with a not inform player but if he stays there, we have to be vocal.

Mancini for me has to take a big part of the blame. He had alot of time between every match and the fact that we play everton 6 matches under mancini without any success is beyond me. Everton is not our only bogey team, there have became many more, i.e. Liverpool, arsenal, and that's because each time we play them we don't approach the match properly.

I'm behind the team whatever the result is and i'm behind mancini as long he sets in the dugout. I only want for my club to show us dedicates displays, good fights and signs of improvments.

So now having used up all their anger on the manager and the team, the usual suspects are now taking it out on the fans, I suggest that some of you are going way over the top, not only do you sound ridiculous and hysterical, your making the forum a laughing stock!

Didsbury Dave said:
Great post gio and a point I have agreed with you about before. The York police, who's mantra is 'get some perspective' are the ones without perspective. Perspective on the quality of our squad and what we should expect of them.

I think I posted before, I had a row with a guy at the Real Madrid home game. They scored and he started going 'I don't even care if they get four or five. It's just a pleasure watching Real Madrid rather than Macclesfield'. I told him 'well I hope the players don't think like that'.

The fucking Prick was talking like we wee plucky little accrington Stanley who'd hit the jackpot by drawing united in the third round of the cup.

With our investment and squad Real Madrid are our peers. I was gutted when we lost that game.

I agree with you on some points here Dave.Yes we are all pinching ourselves at where we are now from where we were,but how long do we keep harping on about that?We have invested millions in a world class squad and set up and we should expect the best on the field too.

I think Mancini has done a good job and i have always backed him,but i am wavering a bit now.Some of his tactics and team formations are puzzling,yesterday being a perfect example.When i saw the team i feared the worse and i wasn't wrong.His public criticism of players doesn't help and he hasn't addressed our shortcomings that were becoming obvious last season,ie a chronic lack of pace and a plan B when plan A isn't working.

Maybe his time IS done and it is time to let someone else move on and improve what he has built,as i am not sure he can anymore.

Petr Cech made a good point about Chelsea changing their managers when he said,''It hasn't done us that much harm has it?'' If you look at it it hasn't.Even with the hated Benitez in charge they are breathing down our neck in the league and almost into the semi finals of the FA Cup.I think in Ferguson we are seeing the last of long term managers at clubs,time will tell.

For us the fans,whether we were supporting a crap team in division two or todays team of superstars,one thing we asked for was effort and fighting for the team and cause.Yesterday and on a number of occasions this season we haven't had that and that IS unnaceptable!!!

Ducado said:
So now having used up all their anger on the manager and the team, the usual suspects are now taking it out on the fans, I suggest that some of you are going way over the top, not only do you sound ridiculous and hysterical, your making the forum a laughing stock!

Not sounding rather finding your contribution 'hysterically' funny. Thank you for your insight.

Walking home from last seasons QPR game I told my son we would only make two signings in the summer and both would blow our minds. I would love to know who was sat round the table when the names Scott Sinclair, Jack Rodwell & Javi Garcia were mentioned. Surely these players were not in the managers mind to improve the champions of England? If they were then he will fall on his sword.
I also think our players were still dining out on Agueros goal for the first ten games or so. The team has lacked motivation, in "we've done it" mode if you like.
Perhaps this is why they say its hard to defend the title, if this is true then it is the managers fault, motivation is a key factor in any teams success .

I remember when we lost 3-1 to Ajax and Micah Richards said they expected to turn up and win, and its shown with our performances this season, weve thought "oh were the champions we'll win this at a canter" and we havent, we have been so fucking naive from day one this season.

Best post I have read for 12 months or so from the OP. A "winning mentality" is crucial. I suppose it's forgiveable for some of our fans to get all giddy when facing Real Madrid (the equivalent of that Arsenal player trying to get Van Persies autograph at half time. It does look pathetic though). We are now a top side and we should start behaving like one. Everyone. That is the next level. Every player and every member of staff should be under no illusion whatsoever that winning is the only option.

HorshamBlue said:
Look at the goal difference. Chelsea have overtaken us, Arsenal not far behind. Spurs may do us on points anyway. I can see us finishing 4th if we don't start scoring more bloody goals.

Ill publicly bet you £1000 right now that we will finish higher than fourth.

Palerider said:
Best post I have read for 12 months or so from the OP. A "winning mentality" is crucial. I suppose it's forgiveable for some of our fans to get all giddy when facing Real Madrid (the equivalent of that Arsenal player trying to get Van Persies autograph at half time. It does look pathetic though). We are now a top side and we should start behaving like one. Everyone. That is the next level. Every player and every member of staff should be under no illusion whatsoever that winning is the only option.
Totally agree with you on this - winning IS the only option.

Away from home we look a different team to the one which has the winning mentality at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.