Micah Richards Due in court

urmston said:
Why give someone another 3 points for a repeat offence of driving while using a phone?

It's obvious the first 3 points were not a deterrent and so the second punishment should be much more severe, such as a ban.

The only reasons a person can be guilty of driving offences like these is if they are either too thick to understand the law or so anti-social they can't be bothered to obey it.

Do we want thickos or anti-social people playing for City?

Don't mind thickos so much. They maybe can't help themselves, but arrogant, anti-social twats we can do without.

This seems to be becomming an epidemic at City. The club need to get a grip imo, and hand out swingeing fines, community service on top of what the criminal law throws at players. Even terminate contracts if need be. It reflects really badly on MCFC.

This and the Tevez incident recently really starts to undermine all the good work that the club does for City in the Community (CITC). It's obviously naive to expect none of our players to commit indiscretions, but when they do the club needs to discipline them accordingly, in addition to any criminal conviction they might get.

shadygiz said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
Tell you what, i'm sensing there will be a sudden uptake of personal chauffeurs in Manchester soon .... i'm gonna go and buy a hat and Turtle Wax the family bus.

some of the players already have driver contracts with certain companies provided by the club, but they will have to reimburse the club for the use.

as for hands free kits, you tend to find the more expensive the car, the less likely they give it as a standard item. My hands free option on my car was over £1,000....but thats BM's for you

An extra grand would have broke the bank for Micah I'm sure ;)

Blue and Proud said:
This and the Tevez incident recently really starts to undermine all the good work that the club does for City in the Community (CITC). It's obviously naive to expect none of our players to commit indiscretions, but when they do the club needs to discipline them accordingly, in addition to any criminal conviction they might get.

Fair points though saying these incident re undo all the good work of CITC are a bit strong IMHO.

We are are not the rags or David Becks whose main interest is puicity. No we don't want a bad name but surely the main beneficiaries of CITC are the communities themselves who are the recipients of the help.

Micah Richards is targeting possible back-to-back Manchester derbies for a return to first-team action.

“In the last ten days I’ve been training outside again, doing two days of running and then a recovery day after that,” he said.

“I had a big fitness session on Tuesday and I’m starting to feel really good again so when the lads are back from international duty, I should be taking part in partial sessions with them as I continue to close in on a return

I think the Newcastle match will come
too soon for me, though I hope to have
been training normally by then.
Realistically, I’m looking more to the
game away to United and then the FA
Cup semi-final – maybe against United
again to be properly involved again -
two relaxing games in a week on the
horizon!

“I’ll be trying my best to get back into the squad and it will be great just to be back among the lads and getting a feel for everything again.”

With just four games under his belt this campaign, Micah admits this has been the worst season of his career in terms of being out of the team, but he is hoping to finish the season on a high and come hit the ground running for 2013/14.

“I’ve only had one full season injury free but I wouldn’t say I was injury prone at all,” he argued. “I think it’s more to do with the way I go in for headers and tackles – 100% every time - it’s what makes me the player I am and I would find it hard to play any other way.

“I’ve really missed the banter because I’ve been doing virtual office hours of 9 to 5 while I’ve been working my way back to fitness which, I know, are normal hours for most people but for a footballer, we usually are finished for 1pm so I’ve been working really hard to get back.

“I don’t expect to just walk back into the team because the lads have all been playing so well, especially at the back, but I want to finish strongly and then really power into next season after having a full pre-season training behind me. I can’t wait to start playing again.”

Just asking the question but should a footballer outside of his workplace getting a ban for driving which does not affect his work really be a concern to anybody. Ok its a point for discussion etc but is it not the case of whatever he does outside of City if it does not affect City his own concern?

I used to never understand why schoo lteachers would say to us that whatever we did outside of school reflected on the school. Ermmm no it fucking doesn't.

Leveblue said:
baddddad said:
Already has six points for getting caught TWICE using his mobile phone whilst driving.

just buy a fucking hand's free kit FFS!
Surely with the cars that footballers have, they come with bluetooth.

I've got an Hyundai I20 and even that's got it

yep just rung H.R.Owen and they have confirmed when my Bentley Flying Spur is delivered even that will have bluetooth

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.