Micah - Tevez

Re: micha - tevez

Skashion said:
Last season Tevez was worth two or three goals extra across the season. That was the difference in our scoring rate. 1.76 in the games with Tevez, 1.7 without him. We won the FA Cup pretty much without him. We scored eighteen goals to win it, Tevez chipped in three. We beat the league champions at Wembley without him even on the pitch. That was last season. This season our scoring rate is 3.29 so far. Tevez was never and is not as important as he thinks he is. He was a selfish quality player with selfless quality players around him.

From August 2009 to the end of November 2009 - under Mark Hughes - Carlos Tevez scored just 2 premier league goals for City (both at home against West Ham). From December 2009 to his transfer request in December 2010, he was certainly highly prolific. But City's offensive strategy over that period was focused almost entirely on creating opportunities for him (often as lone striker) to score. He incidentally did little to disguise his hostility towards the manager responsible for orchestrating his most productive period ever.

His substitution against Bolton and the ensuing December transfer request saga was, of course, a watershed. Thereafter, even Tevez fanatics were acknowledging at the time that his head was 'somewhere else'. Certainly his goal contribution was nothing remarkable in the second half of the season, though the desire to win the Golden Boot did bring out a special performance in the last match of the season. At the end of the day, Tevez shared the Golden Boot with Berbatov, who did not take penalties and who, even last season, would have been ranked by most observers as United's 3rd best striker.

Since my first post on Bluemoon I have consistently argued that, whilst I will always be grateful for what Tevez has contributed to City notably during his first season, selling him is vital for our development as a team. In particular, I have argued that only when Tevez was gone would David Silva be liberated from the personal pressure to pass (back) to him and only then would Silva realise his true potential. Even though Tevez has not yet gone and has been a brooding presence this season, I believe that there is enough evidence to vindicate my claim.

sbm said:
"Carlos' reaction in Munich was wrong. It was something he shouldn't have done."

stony:
Well said Micah.

Correct. This statement by Micah confirms that the players know that there was no misunderstanding and that Tevez was refusing to go on.

Very significant. Micah wouldnt have said this without first speaking to the subs.

cibaman said:
sbm said:
"Carlos' reaction in Munich was wrong. It was something he shouldn't have done."

stony:
Well said Micah.

Correct. This statement by Micah confirms that the players know that there was no misunderstanding and that Tevez was refusing to go on.

Very significant. Micah wouldnt have said this without first speaking to the subs.
And probably had it cleared by the legal eagles as well.

jimharri said:
cibaman said:
sbm said:
stony:

And probably had it cleared by the legal eagles as well.
All the players have been gagged from talking about the incident in fear of what they say comprimising the meeting.

Tevez flying out tonight to CDG at 1940. Then onto Buenos Aires.
Might go and meet him and board him myself

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.