Middlesbrough post-match thread

Just thought i'd pop on a Boro forum to see what they thought. Generally they're not happy with
the team and manager. But found this one funny :-

"If ever there was a man grateful that he was born human it is De-roon,lets face it if he was born a horse he would have been dog food by now. What a totally useless waste of space that guy is."

Maybe so, but still, it was De Roon they cheered to the rafters when he equalised for them at the Etihad.

Great performance by us yesterday. They got away with murder and were saved by Guzman - who always seems to raise his game against us - and poor officiating all round. Miraculously we appear to have got away injury free. Doesn't matter who we get from now on - we'll be gracing Wembley against tough opposition who will attack us - and that's when we are at our best. I just hope that Pep ditches Bravo from now on.

Was sat in the Boro end and their fans take on it was the Dean gave us everything. To be fair, I know he missed the Clayton tackle, but I thought he reffed well. He let some things go from our end that really annoyed the home fans.

Thought we were largely excellent. Their only threat came in the air which you have to just accept when they have Gestede and Negredo and we are mainly made up of midgets. Bravo was ok for a change although still don't think he can pass anything over ten yards.

Zabba had his best game for a while. Yaya was great, Silva exceptional and Sane again outstanding in bursts. Sergio worked hard again and looks to have turned a corner. Was really impressed with Stones and Otamendi too, although they weren't really stretched.

Minor concern is our finishing at it seems to actually just be getting worse. I don't think I've seen a team who collectively finish as poorly as we do. Sane and Silva were terrible in front of goal and Sterling is ridiculously poor at trying to time a first time shot from a cross. Other than, we were exceptional. One of these days we will smash someone by 6 or 7.

End of the day it doesn't matter, I thought Sterlings was onside......whatever happened to the "clear daylight rule" of a few seasons ago.
There never was such a rule. Just the media getting a firm grasp of the wrong end of a very big stick.

Daily Mail in full flow in their admiration of this convincing victory...

"They may have kept club-record sixth consecutive clean sheet away from home but frailties remain for Manchester City. Any side who give Middlesbrough chances are far from watertight.
And that is why City risk crashing out of the Champions League this week as they go to Monaco with a precarious 5-3 advantage"... and so on..and so on...

Daily Mail in full flow in their admiration of this convincing victory...

"They may have kept club-record sixth consecutive clean sheet away from home but frailties remain for Manchester City. Any side who give Middlesbrough chances are far from watertight.
And that is why City risk crashing out of the Champions League this week as they go to Monaco with a precarious 5-3 advantage"... and so on..and so on...
Haha the pain of it all.

There never was such a rule. Just the media getting a firm grasp of the wrong end of a very big stick.

As per. Their current one is, well it hit his hand. When appealing a hand ball.
Exactly why the penalty was not given. His hand did not hit the ball.

Pretty comfortable performance. Boro were poor and didnt offer anything really - QF of FA Cup should be going for it with 20 minutes to play!
We've hardly got into 3rd gear which is perfect for the Monaco game which will be full on for 90 mins.
My 1 bugbare is the amount of slips on the pitch which couldve cost us at both ends - bloody infuriating!!!

We played well up to putting the ball in the net and frankly, that was our worst performance of the season in that regard. We could easily have had 6 or more if we had been more accurate in the box. Not sure what the answer to that is because all of the front 5 were guilty. As for Middlesbrough, they deserve nothing and I hope they go down. Set of filthy bastards and could have put Kun and Raheem out for lengthy periods. If that's how Karanka wants his team to play then he deserves a short career. Nice to see Mike Dean giving us the protection we deserve.
Seem to remember something very similar in the league against Boro and we were forced to pay the price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.