Midweek for FA Cup?

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
This was suggested about a year ago. Part of the idea is to squash games closer together to allow a mid-season break.
I believe the clowns at UEFA will allow FA Cup games to be played on CL match days but get all upset if PL games challenge their TV figures.

I think moving to midweek games from round 4 or 5 is a great idea. There are too many league games called off because of the cup already. Everyone moans about tv changing kick off times but the cup sees many games moved, sometimes with very little notice. It's bad enough a game being off because you're still in the cup but it's twice as bad when you're out but the team you're due to play are still left in. League cup final and fa cup meant City had 4 games rearranged last season. I have a ST and travel a long way and like to arrange public transport wherever possible, which means booking as early as I can.
This 'traditional' FA Cup people go on about died many years ago. Final is a half five kick off, both semi finals are at Wembley, only one replay currently allowed then penalties. I'd go even further and seed the third round to give the lower league teams a reasonable chance of getting a big club in the draw. Finally, this traditional competition could be won by Spurs this season, playing every single game at 'home'....

Scrap international fixtures instead.

Good idea. Well not scrap them but get rid of the closed weeks. Play qualifiers mid-week and end of season. That would release four extra Saturdays on which to
play FA Cup fixtures and open up some more Sat's for PL. Those closed weeks/10 day periods are becoming a pain in the hole as most games are meaningless and many
countries only play one comptitive match.

My idea would be to play rounds 3/4 and 5 on consecutive saturdays in January a bit like t20 in cricket. That way the old sky4 would have a winter break when they get div1 and 2 fixtures.We wouldn't as we would have Palace,West Ham and Swansea all away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.