Mike Wedderburn

12360045_10153802764598659_2535592088105343155_n.jpg

The one top left was NOT a great moment in football.

It was anything but!

It was an interesting move.
  • They've just rescued a point with a lucky deflection;
  • His home record is worse than Rodgers was in his games in charge this season;
  • The euphoria of the wins against us and Chelsea has worn off;
  • He's just had a pretty public spat with Pulis;
  • He's whinged about West Brom's tactics;
  • Skrtel got away with a two-footed lunge of the sort that saw Kompany sent off.
Now imagine that had been Chelsea. Jose would have been on the TV scowling and spitting about Pulis and his tactics, moaning about Gardner's tackle, the ref, etc. And everyone would have said what a graceless twat he was and been talking about their failure to beat West Brom. Yet Klopp has done pretty much the same thing but because he did a bit of a stunt with his players, he's comp,etely deflected attention from all the negatives. So opposing fans might take the piss a bit but no one's talking about the real negatives and all the Liverpool fans love him.
I think he's going to be much more adroit at playing the Anfield audience than his much less dexterous predecessor.

Like all managers (not just in football) he's trying to bring something from his previous job which was successful and replicate it in his new workplace. I've done it, as I'm sure many on here have, and it would be wrong of me on that basis to be overly critical. He's not afraid of looking stupid and sometimes people like that can be inspirational when they pull something remarkable off out of the blue.

It was clearly ill-judged, badly timed and cringe-inducing, but that's what you're dealing with. A guy who doesn't mind looking a tit, if it means pushing the boundaries. He may be a bit of a loose cannon, but there's not necessarily anything wrong with that, if there's a strategy behind it.

I still really like him.
As ever, you are right.
He'll be delighted at all the piss taking - the man loves to provoke reactions, whatever they are.

Like all managers (not just in football) he's trying to bring something from his previous job which was successful and replicate it in his new workplace. I've done it, as I'm sure many on here have, and it would be wrong of me on that basis to be overly critical. He's not afraid of looking stupid and sometimes people like that can be inspirational when they pull something remarkable off out of the blue.

It was clearly ill-judged, badly timed and cringe-inducing, but that's what you're dealing with. A guy who doesn't mind looking a tit, if it means pushing the boundaries. He may be a bit of a loose cannon, but there's not necessarily anything wrong with that, if there's a strategy behind it.

I still really like him.

Me too. I love the relationship between German clubs, players and fans and have been at Hamburg's stadium a couple of times when they've done it. It's brilliant when it's done properly and at the right time. I remember the Hamburg goalkeeper getting a megaphone and singing about Shite Werder Bremen.

What he's done wrong here is do it after a home draw against a shit team. But I like his thinking behind it and I'd like English clubs to do these things with their fans more.

Hahahahahahaha, just seen it for the first time. Players look royally embarrassed and quite right too. You've drawn at home against WBA, not won the league, got to a Cup Final or reached Champions League for first time, you've drawn 2-2 against WBA. Completely cringeworthy, on a par with Champions 2014 T-shirts and look what happened there. I like Klopp, he's mad and quite refreshing but this was a very, very poor decision, Liverpool FC you are a laughing stock across the world, not just UK, across the World. Our Chinese investors will love seeing a great team from history performing such an embarrassing act, just confirms they have invested in a Global Brand moving forward, not one stuck in the 70's, 80's and early 90's. Thank you Klopp, thank you Liverpool, history is wonderful but the future is Blue.

Not bothered about the celebration thingy at the end, but Klopp is a Kunt for
moaning that West Brom wouldn't play to accomodate them.

I still really like him.

It could be genius IF he was stood there thinking this is absolute shite, they need to be embarrassed about that performance. Are the players now thinking, shit if we have to do that every week, we'd better put a shift in. If...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.