Mikel Arteta

Arteta should stay and learn as much as he can from Pep. I am sure he can be a great manager but he is very limited in experience. A huge gamble for Arsenal which I can't really see them taking.

Was expecting Arteta and Vieras names to come up as candidates but reckon Arsenal will be looking for some instant success so will end up getting someone proven like Enrique, wouldn't be surprise to see Zidane in the PL soon either

Arteta should stay and learn as much as he can from Pep. I am sure he can be a great manager but he is very limited in experience. A huge gamble for Arsenal which I can't really see them taking.

Agreed! He should look longer term and stay under pep for a few years

IMO he'd be crazy to take on Arsenal as it was when Moyes took on united. The only plus is that Arsenal aren't successful right now but they won't remember that next year. They are rabid and best avoided.

He should learn as much as he can and then take on a medium-term low-expectations sleeping-giant type project somewhere (e.g. Newcastle) and see where it leads.

Not if the rumours in the press today are true and the new manager is only getting a £50m transfer kitty. Can't see a top manager touching that squad with that kind of backing.

I am not knocking Arteta as he had played a part this season but there are more experienced coaches who can deal with a smaller budget, and Arsenal doesn't seem the right choice at this stage.

Too soon for Arteta. He should collect more experience from working for the master himself.

Guardiola on Mikel Arteta becoming a manager: I'm sure [he will succeed me]. He will succeed." Sooner or later, this will happen. He is a young manager. He already has experience dealing with great players and teams”

"He's [Arteta] an amazing person, with amazing locker room values and what it means to be together. He is already an amazing and incredible manager. He will have big success in the future."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.