Misheard Lyrics

Desmond Dekker's 'The Israelites' has a fantastic misheard lyric at the start of the second verse. Get the reggae beat going, do the chorus, then the second verse starts:-

''Ohhh- ohh, The Israelites.

The wife and the kids
They fuck off and they leave me...''

My Mum genuinely thought the lyrics to the Keizer Chiefs' 'I Predict A Riot', was 'I've got tourettes'

How we laughed

the blue panther said:
Desmond Dekker's 'The Israelites' has a fantastic misheard lyric at the start of the second verse. Get the reggae beat going, do the chorus, then the second verse starts:-

The wife and the kids

love that.

its not quite a misheard lyric, but was watching a music documentary about desmond dekker and they were interviewing sinead o'connor and the annoying cow was going on about The Israelites was the first song she had heard that spoke to her about religion in a way she could relate to and how dekker was brave referencing the bible in a song. They then cut to a interview with dekker explaining that the israelites were a street gang where he grew up and was not a reference to the bible.

pirate said:
the blue panther said:

The wife and the kids

love that.

its not quite a misheard lyric, but was watching a music documentary about desmond dekker and they were interviewing sinead o'connor and the annoying cow was going on about The Israelites was the first song she had heard that spoke to her about religion in a way she could relate to and how dekker was brave referencing the bible in a song. They then cut to a interview with dekker explaining that the israelites were a street gang where he grew up and was not a reference to the bible.

First line of this song is "wake up in the morning baked beans for breakfast"

bluey1959 said:
pirate said:
the blue panther said:

The wife and the kids

love that.

First line of this song is "wake up in the morning baked beans for breakfast"

Ohh Ohh, me ears are alight!

Two very good adverts for Maxell they were. Anyone remember the second one? It was The Skids - Into The Valley.

Anyway...

Squeeze: The devil came and took me from Barter Street to Brookie

Not sure if shes misheard or shes a potential comedienne, but my little girl is currently singing

she cant dance, she cant sing but who cares she walks like my nana

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxhN7MQ6uYw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxhN7MQ6uYw</a>

1:25 I pulled out the Queen, smile at me darling.

My little girl also sings that walk like me nana one!

Another Jam one was from Down In The Tube-station at Midnight:

"...filled my eyes, ears, nose and mouth, it dulled all my senses couldn't see her hoop any longer..."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.