Missing woman Nicola Bulley - inquest (P 158)

How often would that happen? Genuine question.
I went fishing in Ireland as a boy, and there was this sandbank on the side of the river Moy. And there were warning signs and makeshift barriers around it. We thought it was to stop people fishing, but no, a lad was standing on it the previous summer and half of it gave way and he ended up drowning. The river was washing away the soil and sand underneath, but on the surface it looked fine to stand on.

It’s a difficult one to try and theorise.

People will always naturally go straight to the spouse because in murder cases etc it’s *usually* the spouse/partner. So you always go with the statistics.

Either way he will or should know that. If it was me I’d expect to be quizzed and questioned a lot about my whereabouts and whatnot. All he can do his just help as best he can. We don’t often serve incorrect justice anymore.

I’m not sure on the river theory, a guy I know has been near there recently and said even when it’s flood levels it doesn’t run fast. It seems she can swim and is a normal fit and healthy adult, so it would be extremely unlucky to fall in and drown.

She could have banged her head? That’s the only realistic theory we have at the minute.

I’d love to hear the teams meeting. Did she say she needed to go to the dog? Was she actively participating? I know we sometimes are on these meetings and just sit listening. But if she was on a call while out walking her dog it would seem at least a bit important.

Many things don’t add up.

As horrible as it sounds, if she had drowned then surely police would have recovered her body by now? From what I'm reading it's a calm and shallow river. Either way, it must be anguish for her family. Pray they get answers soon.

I think that there is a distinct possibility that the dog went into the water and got into trouble and she went in to save it. Dog got out she didn't.
You would think that there would be some way of being able to tell if the dog did enter the water
The dog was found dry

Seems odd the police are going with the accidental drowning theory already

Funnily enough, that's exactly what I thought.
Considering his partner of many years,and the mother of his 2 children has been missing for a week, he didn't seem particularly distraught.
Just something not quite right about his demeanour during the interview.
Come on now , he is in shock

The spouse theory can probably be quickly ruled out, I assume on a school day he was in work so as long as he works with people I assume he has an ironclad alibi and has been ruled out.

as for thinking found play is involved, maybe police suspect it but have no inkling of who might be involved so haven’t said we’re looking for someone matching x description as they don’t have any possible suspects despite thinking it may be foul play.
in which case are they thinking this will let the guard down of any potential suspect

You don't just die from falling in 4 feet of water. She was also wearing a massive padded coat, so it would have taken 10 seconds for the cold water to reach her skin, so long enough for her to get out and not have cold water shock. Also, in 4 feet of water, from the chest up, she'd be out of the water just standing up. And it isn't a fast flowing river, so she wouldn't have just gone in and then whoosh out to sea. She could have just walked out onto the bank.

The only plausible thing I can think of is that a sand bank could have collapsed and she's gone down into a sink hole with the sand and mud going in on top of her then the river has covered it up.

That would explain the dog and the phone still in the same spot.

Not too long ago I accidentally slipped into a stream in the middle of winter. If you are not anticipating a fall, then it seems to happen instantaneously. You have no time to try and stop yourself. If you are close to fully immersed, you will get cold shock almost immediately no matter what you are wearing. Cold shock can stop the heart, but minimally it causes confusion and panic. It takes your breath away so you cannot cry out. I was lucky that although the water was chest deep, there was no flow so I was able to remain standing. However, I couldn't get out on my own due to the weight of my clothes and the slipperiness and steepness of the bank. Lucky there were people nearby. If there was any sort of flow, I would have been swept off my feet. Then with the weight of my clothes and the cold who knows what would have happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.