Morrissey - new album in November / Hollywood Bowl 10th November

Agree, I liked it (apart from the odd duff track, smiler with knife and neal cassady drops dead) but looking forward to this gig. Wasn't going to go but with Billy Idol as support.... that sealed it. Was going to go and see him in Vegas this year, this does both in one trip! Just got to grovel to the boss today for 3 days off.
Oboe Concerto, Staircase at the University and Drag the River are some of the best songs he's written imo, good enough to grace any of his albums. I'm very jealous, should be a great night.

Oboe Concerto, Staircase at the University and Drag the River are some of the best songs he's written imo, good enough to grace any of his albums. I'm very jealous, should be a great night.
Drag the River isn't even 3rd-rate tosh. It's woeful. And that's why it didn't grace the main album track-listing. It makes "Golden Lights" look good. A very difficult thing to do. The last album was good, but lightyears from "Vauxhall", "Quarry" or "Viva". There's always talk that this or that album is his last shot, but he'll hopefully be around for a good while longer and that this latest installment is a return to the heady days of "Billy Budd" et al.

Drag the River isn't even 3rd-rate tosh. It's woeful. And that's why it didn't grace the main album track-listing. It makes "Golden Lights" look good. A very difficult thing to do. The last album was good, but lightyears from "Vauxhall", "Quarry" or "Viva". There's always talk that this or that album is his last shot, but he'll hopefully be around for a good while longer and that this latest installment is a return to the heady days of "Billy Budd" et al.
Yes as I said I think it's probably his fifth best solo studio album after the three you mention and Your Arsenal. Don't agree on Drag the River obviously, just down to personal taste, I really like it, think it is a beautiful song.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.