Morrissey

The Smith's work was, and is, timeless brilliance - Marr's guitar playing complimenting Mozzer's brilliant lyrics.

Morrissey's solo work has been very good mostly, mediocre at times and poor (Kill Uncle, Southpaw Grammar) now and again.

Seen Morrissey a lot of times and the ONLY problem to me is the setlist, which at times, is a bit dull.......however, he's still one of my heroes but one I'm quite happy NOT to meet !

nashark said:
The Smiths do have a few top songs, but most are ruined by Morrissey's voice. And how fucking depressing is he? I had a worse upbringing than him yet I don't go on about it. He needs to get on with life instead of drowning in self-pity.

The smiths songs are made by morriseys lyrics and voice, he mite be depressing and morbid but all his songs have a meaning hes not moaning about his upbringing he's just stating it in his music.

pɹɐʇsɐq ǝnlq said:
ban-mcfc said:
is it any wonder you got "banned"?
Fuck me, imagine if I said they were shit. Lol

lol theres a facebook group i joined some time ago named "if you dont like the smiths your a ****". think its been deleted now for obvious reasons.

p.s i was kidding you blue bastard.

pɹɐʇsɐq ǝnlq said:
The Smiths were OK. Shame Morrissey would lose out in a singing contest with Ian Brown. Lol

If you've ever heard both live then you'd realise that statement is utter bollocks!

My border collie can sing live better than Ian Brown. In fact her rendition of 'FEAR' doesn't need UNKLE to tweak any knobs to make it sound bearable...:)

The Smiths were great. Who cares if it's morbid? It's still fucking great.

The line from Love the Way You Lie is "Just gonna stand there and watch me burn." If that was in a metal song it would be dismissed as depressive crap.

The Smiths are great. It's a shame Morrissey is such a nonse.

1_barry_conlon said:
pɹɐʇsɐq ǝnlq said:
The Smiths were OK. Shame Morrissey would lose out in a singing contest with Ian Brown. Lol

If you've ever heard both live then you'd realise that statement is utter bollocks!

My border collie can sing live better than Ian Brown. In fact her rendition of 'FEAR' doesn't need UNKLE to tweak any knobs to make it sound bearable...:)

^^ damn right ^^

Tree's actually died the night Brown played in Delamere Forest.

Fried Onions said:
The Smith's work was, and is, timeless brilliance - Marr's guitar playing complimenting Mozzer's brilliant lyrics.

Morrissey's solo work has been very good mostly, mediocre at times and poor (Kill Uncle, Southpaw Grammar) now and again.

Seen Morrissey a lot of times and the ONLY problem to me is the setlist, which at times, is a bit dull.......however, he's still one of my heroes but one I'm quite happy NOT to meet !
To echo brother Onions comments The Smiths were and still are one of the greatest bands theses shores have ever produced.

There are plenty of written account of how Morrissey and Marr got together but the essay by Paul Morley in "Looking for the Light through the Pouring Rain" is fantastic and i would recommend it.

Morrissey is one of the original Indie icons and he's done well to keep a following because the vast majority of his solo output has been appauling. It's the same with Johnny Marr. Only bits of Electronic and his contribution to The Cribs has been anything of note, IMHO.

Morrissey and Marr combined were far superior to anything either have done on their own. It's the same with many artists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.