Mourinho or Mancini

I believe Mourinho would win us more and also bring the more direct game so many City fans seem to want. But with the success would be a taint on the image of the club - players would be diving, strategically fouling and taking turns to receive yellow cards to nullify opposition threats, and all sorts of dark arts.

I can't see any justification for sacking Mancini if he wins the league again to be honest. If he falls behind this United team and we lose the league by quite a margin though, then maybe the temptation to bring in Mourinho (or Guardiola who I have serious reservations about) will be too strong.

I really hope he doesn't go to United though, that difficult transition period we've all been hoping for when the Dark Lord retires would probably be non-existent if Jose took over at the swamp.

Damocles said:
Funny, Mourinho has one of the best squads in the world, including one of the greatest players who ever lived and is 11 points back on the leaders and in third. Considering we're 3 points off the leaders who we play this weekend and everybody slags our manager off when we even draw, I think we'll stick with what we've got.

This all day long

Didsbury Dave said:
Problem is, if that happens and we stick with Mancini, then we are condemned to perennial runners up. Not something I relish, and not something The Sheikh should relish. Maybe City's board may fear that more than anything.

Why is that? At Madrid he has won the league once, lost it once and now he's on the way to losing it again. Hasn't won the Champions League either. Plus, if he goes to United, are they going to give him the £100m he will have to spend?

LoveCity said:
I believe Mourinho would win us more and also bring the more direct game so many City fans seem to want. But with the success would be a taint on the image of the club - players would be diving, strategically fouling and taking turns to receive yellow cards to nullify opposition threats, and all sorts of dark arts.

I can't see any justification for sacking Mancini if he wins the league again to be honest. If he falls behind this United team and we lose the league by quite a margin though, then maybe the temptation to bring in Mourinho (or Guardiola who I have serious reservations about) will be too strong.

I really hope he doesn't go to United though, that difficult transition period we've all been hoping for when the Dark Lord retires would probably be non-existent if Jose took over at the swamp.
He was noted for being defensive at Chelsea. As for the rags as already mentioned they won't have the instant transfer budget he would want. Building a team hasn't been his recent style.

ban-mcfc said:
Timmmmahhhh said:
ban-mcfc said:
mourinho is the dogs bollocks. he would certainly improve us.

the problems for me are....

1. would he do a runner after 3/4 seasons and leave us at square one again?

2. mancini has won 2 titles in three years and deserves time, why keep chopping and changing managers? he clear didn't bring in the players he wanted in the summer.

3. will mourinho take care of the academy and develop us for the future or is he just a short term fix?

i'm looking at the next 10 years, not 3.

i'll stick with mancini.

I'll agree with this, depsite the poor grammar and punctuation.

say what now?

I can forgive poor spelling.

Timmmmahhhh said:
sergiokun said:

Well done mate i must admit I find it very sad how people moan about spelling, but this was just perfect. Epic fail from the grammar natzi

Please see above.

I've never watched Real Madrid and been jealous of what they have or the way they played, they're just annoying . I'm fine with staying at this level than going to the next level with him . It's safe to say they won't win la Liga this year so how exactly has his time at Real Madrid been better than mancinis here?

Timmmmahhhh said:
ban-mcfc said:
Timmmmahhhh said:

say what now?

-- Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:47 pm --

sergiokun said:

Well done mate i must admit I find it very sad how people moan about spelling, but this was just perfect. Epic fail from the grammar natzi

Please see above.[/quote]

grammar natzi

I made some posts a while back saying there's no way Mourinho would go back to Chelsea. Well having considered that some more, I think I was talking tripe. I think he will go back to Chelsea next Summer.

Which makes it even more likely imho that we will end up with Guardiola at City. I did say this would happen by the January window, which is looking less and less likely, but we will soon see.

sergiokun said:
Timmmmahhhh said:
ban-mcfc said:
say what now?

-- Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:47 pm --

sergiokun said:

Please see above.

grammar natzi[/quote]

You amuse me slightly.

You do try a little too hard tho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.