Mowbray on Hughes

mattyctid said:
Blue4ever85 said:
And your point is?

Both excellent players.

He is a passenger in the side, goes missing a lot in games. 8 goals is a great return i just think he is a luxury.

what i was getting at is that in my opinion, Hughes' signings apart from TBH have been our beast performers this season

Not really, unless you class SWP in there and put the change in Ireland down to Hughes.

TBH........Jesus what a loser.

Blu KB said:
DaveH said:
Going off Jo's record before he came here can anyone HONESTLY say they werent excited about him coming.
But unfortunatly hes not cut out for the Premier league. Remember the Excitment and anticipation when Samaras made his debut :) OMG now he was BAD

we were all warned about Jo not being up to speed untill later in the season before he signed but people chose to forget that.

I remember that

Why must we continually trawl the world for players that may never adapt to the EPL.
In my opinion we have far too many 'new' players that don't yet have a heart for the club. They get paid regardless of the result.
I would love to see Hughes have the nuts to sell the players that don't fit, even if he signed them in the first place.

And keep giving the young lads a go, they seem to be the only ones that play with any heart .

Challenger1978 said:
Blu KB said:
we were all warned about Jo not being up to speed untill later in the season before he signed but people chose to forget that.

I remember that

He's still only 21 let him go out on loan get some experiance over here. Build him up a bit and teach him how to be more physical

Were people really excited about Jo. Unproven and overpriced were my initial thoughts. Nothings changed there.

Beard said:
Were people really excited about Jo. Unproven and overpriced were my initial thoughts. Nothings changed there.

30 goals in 53 apps for a 21 year old

DaveH said:
Beard said:

In the Russian league though hardly counts. It was still a lot for someone unproven in my eyes.

Blu KB said:
DaveH said:
Going off Jo's record before he came here can anyone HONESTLY say they werent excited about him coming.
But unfortunatly hes not cut out for the Premier league. Remember the Excitment and anticipation when Samaras made his debut :) OMG now he was BAD

And also that Jo's experience was mainly playing as a second striker in a front two partnership rather than leading the line on his tod.
Unfortunately we needed goals from him immediately.

Beard said:
DaveH said:

In the Russian league though hardly counts. It was still a lot for someone unproven in my eyes.

Hell of alot of money to be fair, 10m too much i think.

he has something definitely, but he's not gonna survive here without being more physical.

Blu KB said:
Beard said:

Hell of alot of money to be fair, 10m too much i think.

he has something definitely, but he's not gonna survive here without being more physical.

I don't believe that. For me his only real failing is nervousness / lack of confidence. This manifests itself in several ways:

1. Too keen to get involved (to try to win people over presumably) and therefore showing for the ball too much with his back to the goal. Instead of going on speculative runs behind, which would give hm a much better chance of scoring.

2. Lack of composure in front of goal, because of too much pressure and he's not there often enough because of (1).

Everything else about his game is there I think. He can win headers (and actually manages to head the ball to City player), he has skill on the ball, he has pace. Given some encouragement from the manager and a bit of help on the training ground, he could be brilliant. Not good - brilliant.

So let's get rid of him???!?!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.