Muffin or Barm

Brothers and sisters. (And other gender alignments buts that's for another thread in the politics section)

I propose a peaceful protest should be held before the game against Newcastle where both sides make their point and we all come together afterwards in the spirit of solidarity for a chip/barm or muffin after the game.

Each side will be provided with Barm/Muffin pre match and will be invited to ask fans passing through what their views are.

Who's with me?

Brothers and sisters. (And other gender alignments buts that's for another thread in the politics section)

I propose a peaceful protest should be held before the game against Newcastle where both sides make their point and we all come together afterwards in the spirit of solidarity for a chip/barm or muffin after the game.

Each side will be provided with Barm/Muffin pre match and will be invited to ask fans passing through what their views are.

Who's with me?
You ever tried doing a muffin-off in front of police?

Oh my goodness I am totally mortified! Yesterday my Great-granddaughter was collecting ‘orders’ for our meal and said “Muffin, bread or wrap?” I looked at her askance and replied “Barm.”
She looked at me as if I was an alien!!

Mind you she is from Chorley!! Oh how can I hold my head up when next I encounter @its a Barm????????

The shame, the ignominy!

Oh my goodness I am totally mortified! Yesterday my Great-granddaughter was collecting ‘orders’ for our meal and said “Muffin, bread or wrap?” I looked at her askance and replied “Barm.”

Mind you she is from Chorley!! Oh how can I hold my head up when next I encounter @its a Barm????????

The shame, the ignominy!
your my favorite on here.

The shame, the ignominy!

I can see how that would be quite distressing for you (and any right minded person).

I was going to suggest you seek advice from 'Dear Dierdre' but I imagine she's been replaced by an AI chatbot these days.

Maybe some gentle correction over time will hopefully do the trick.

The shame, the ignominy!
She needs to spend more time with you. I'd suggest taking her for a stroll over the Glass Bridge and down Church Street. You might want to stop momentarily to admire the Eccles Cakes mural - she'll love that. Treat her to a chippy dinner only on the condition that she agrees it's a barm. If she refuses, tell her she can buy her own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.