Muffin or Barm

She needs to spend more time with you. I'd suggest taking her for a stroll over the Glass Bridge and down Church Street. You might want to stop momentarily to admire the Eccles Cakes mural - she'll love that. Treat her to a chippy dinner only on the condition that she agrees it's a barm. If she refuses, tell her she can buy her own.
Next time she’s playing Netball in Eccles I’ll suggest that. :-)

I can see how that would be quite distressing for you (and any right minded person).

I was going to suggest you seek advice from 'Dear Dierdre' but I imagine she's been replaced by an AI chatbot these days.

Maybe some gentle correction over time will hopefully do the trick.
Dear AI doesn’t sound right really does it? :-)

It’s a barm from where I grew up, but I’d always look at a chippy’s menu and ask for whatever they call it, unless in West Yorkshire as it definitely isn’t a fucking tea cake.
Mrs Ewing, born within the sound of Rochdale Town Hall clock, calls a muffin a tea cake. I was in the butcher's t'other day and asked if he had any muffins. He put bread things on the counter that looked like muffins and I noticed it said 'bap'. I declined the purchase! If the fuckin' baker can't spell a two syllable word their product can go stale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.