my daughter 12 years old got belly Piercing FFS!

lilah said:
I have a 13yr old daughter and we went to get her ears pierced for the third time in the school holidays. I had to sign a form giving my consent and there was actually a sign saying no body piercing would be done on anyone under 14 even with an adult present, so you might be able to report the place if it has the same guidelines.

If it were me Id make her take it out and get it checked to make sure it didn't get infected. The hole will heal in a few weeks and she can get it done when she's older if she wants.

this is what i want to do but nobody will tell me were she had it done otherwise i may be round there knocking some ones head around,but if i do find out i do want to put a complaint in but who do i complain to???

leewill31 said:
this is what i want to do but nobody will tell me were she had it done otherwise i may be round there knocking some ones head around,but if i do find out i do want to put a complaint in but who do i complain to???
Go in, find the manager and the person that did it. Explain the situation to the manager, see to that the person who did it gets a bollocking and you get compensation of some sort (Be it money, whatever.) If the manager refuses to do anything, go for the boss.
If the boss is the same, take them to court. Get a lawyer involved, if you want it to go that far, if not, shoot the block up.

On a serious note, the manager IS who you want to start with. The floor manager, then the shop manager, then work your way up. Or go straight to the top. Just make sure you try not to flip your lid too much or you'll just come across as an ape-shit psycho rather than an angry parent.

Make sure they understand the seriousness of the situation, ask them who what where and why, and make sure you do it in person. I've always heard it's better to do it in person than over the phone, it shows you mean business.
Threaten your daughter with whatever's most likely to make her give in to make her show you where it was done, and who it was that did it if possible. If you DO decide to take it further than just having a rant, make sure you take note of everything they say so that you have it all written down so that you can use it against them or so that they can't do an RVP and get out of it >_>

Technically what they did is against the law, being that she's a minor. Last time I heard, you had to be 16+ and with parental consent? But maybe it's changed since I moved. If it hasn't, they're deffo in the wrong, because whether she had parental consent or not, she was underage.

You should also demand to know why it was that they let her do it, if they believed she had parental consent. In Sweden, at least, they usually ask for proof of age of both child and parent, so that things like this don't happen (at least, where I am they do). Surely they should figure that she's not that old, and that the person she's with would have had to be her age when she was convcieved if they're her parent?
Depends on how old they look tbh.

leiservampir said:
leewill31 said:
Go in, find the manager and the person that did it. Explain the situation to the manager, see to that the person who did it gets a bollocking and you get compensation of some sort (Be it money, whatever.) If the manager refuses to do anything, go for the boss.
If the boss is the same, take them to court. Get a lawyer involved, if you want it to go that far, if not, shoot the block up.

On a serious note, the manager IS who you want to start with. The floor manager, then the shop manager, then work your way up. Or go straight to the top. Just make sure you try not to flip your lid too much or you'll just come across as an ape-shit psycho rather than an angry parent.

Make sure they understand the seriousness of the situation, ask them who what where and why, and make sure you do it in person. I've always heard it's better to do it in person than over the phone, it shows you mean business.
Threaten your daughter with whatever's most likely to make her give in to make her show you where it was done, and who it was that did it if possible. If you DO decide to take it further than just having a rant, make sure you take note of everything they say so that you have it all written down so that you can use it against them or so that they can't do an RVP and get out of it >_>

Technically what they did is against the law, being that she's a minor. Last time I heard, you had to be 16+ and with parental consent? But maybe it's changed since I moved. If it hasn't, they're deffo in the wrong, because whether she had parental consent or not, she was underage.

You should also demand to know why it was that they let her do it, if they believed she had parental consent. In Sweden, at least, they usually ask for proof of age of both child and parent, so that things like this don't happen (at least, where I am they do). Surely they should figure that she's not that old, and that the person she's with would have had to be her age when she was convcieved if they're her parent?
Depends on how old they look tbh.

thanks for the advice leiser and this is why i am so angry, she is a very young looking 12 year old so i want to know how in the hell they allowed this to happen.

leewill31 said:
thanks for the advice leiser and this is why i am so angry, she is a very young looking 12 year old so i want to know how in the hell they allowed this to happen.
No problem :]
Take 'em to the fucking cleaners mate. Hang 'em out to dry. It's one thing assuming she's older cause she looks it and therefore being sloppy, but a young looking 12 year old?

That piercer's gotta be braindead.

To be honest i dont think you can win here, my instinct is to tell you to make her take the piercing out and let it heal but i'm scared that will just provoke her into rebelling further, however if you let her get away with it she'll think you're soft and rebel even more. At least the piercing can be removed though.

When i was 16 i told my folks i wanted a tattoo, they say "no chance, wait until you're 21". I waited til i was 18 and then got it done. Got the bollocking of a lifetime (in fact i think i'm still grounded lol). But what upset me most at the time was the way they quickly dismissed it without asking me why i wanted it and why it was important to me.

Perhaps if you talk to your daughter, explain why you're unhappy about whats she done and ask her why she did it. If she wants to be treated like an adult she needs to act like one and getting things done in secret is not very adult. If she understands why you're unhappy about it, and you understand why she wants it done, perhaps you can come to a compromise i.e you'll pay for her to have it done properly for her 16th birthday or something......

Good luck!

bluemoonchick said:
To be honest i dont think you can win here, my instinct is to tell you to make her take the piercing out and let it heal but i'm scared that will just provoke her into rebelling further, however if you let her get away with it she'll think you're soft and rebel even more. At least the piercing can be removed though.

When i was 16 i told my folks i wanted a tattoo, they say "no chance, wait until you're 21". I waited til i was 18 and then got it done. Got the bollocking of a lifetime (in fact i think i'm still grounded lol). But what upset me most at the time was the way they quickly dismissed it without asking me why i wanted it and why it was important to me.

Perhaps if you talk to your daughter, explain why you're unhappy about whats she done and ask her why she did it. If she wants to be treated like an adult she needs to act like one and getting things done in secret is not very adult. If she understands why you're unhappy about it, and you understand why she wants it done, perhaps you can come to a compromise i.e you'll pay for her to have it done properly for her 16th birthday or something......

Good luck!
Not a bad idea. I'm personally leaning towards the battering-of-a-lifetime-hitler-mother, but that's just me.

leewill31 said:
lilah said:
I have a 13yr old daughter and we went to get her ears pierced for the third time in the school holidays. I had to sign a form giving my consent and there was actually a sign saying no body piercing would be done on anyone under 14 even with an adult present, so you might be able to report the place if it has the same guidelines.

If it were me Id make her take it out and get it checked to make sure it didn't get infected. The hole will heal in a few weeks and she can get it done when she's older if she wants.

Re the 14 year age limit, don't forget that your daughter already has pierced ears with your blessing, so 14 is not an absolute.
Now after both my daughters had their ears done (at Claires) they had a follow up appointment after six weeks, so if it's a "proper" shop that's done it, somewhere there will be a receipt as proof of purchase

NQT said:
leewill31 said:

Re the 14 year age limit, don't forget that your daughter already has pierced ears with your blessing, so 14 is not an absolute.
Now after both my daughters had their ears done (at Claires) they had a follow up appointment after six weeks, so if it's a "proper" shop that's done it, somewhere there will be a receipt as proof of purchase

It was Claire's we went to as well and that is a good point about the receipt. The problem is if she had permission from an adult regardless of who it was you're a bit stuffed unfortunately :(

Don't even mention it to your daughter, and pretend you can't even see it - then go after the place that did it with all you have. Get the police involved and fuck 'em proper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.