Napoli (A) Post Match Thread

Keane saying it's in our DNA to fuck it up.....twat
the man wanks dogs off.
latest

5c07be5d-c748-458f-b64e-0ab9d46c276a.jpg

28d0dd720d36fb445caea8161cac0183--roy-keane-guide-dog.jpg

nothing more needs saying.

Surprised that the squad stayed behind in Italy overnight and trained on Napoli's pitch this morning, suppose a bit of sun on their backs if only for a morning will not do them any harm

I don't know how many we've scored this year but we are miles more dangerous from corners than we have been for a long long time. Another Pep improvement.

Another one I've noticed too...we don't give free kicks away in our own half unless it's a game-saving/take-one-for-the foul in the last few minutes. That's a big positive because inferior teams often get their best chances from these setpieces.

It's an interesting one because we still don't score that many direct from corner kicks. What we often do however is take a short one, work a yard of space and then score from the cross - there are more examples of goals like Ota's than Stones from last nights goals. I suspect this is just a way of deflecting the opposition from whatever their set routine is for defending corners.

I'm also impressed by the fact that we are as likely to score when we are defending a corner as when we are taking one. We have scored some cracking goals breaking quickly after clearing a corner

I think Otamendi's chest back to Ederson might have been on the players minds when we cleared the decks earlier on. However, we did mix it up with a bit of possession football, and on 30-35 minutes, I could see Napoli wilting after their early exertions. Doing what they did is no different to a boxer coming out swinging from the first bell. All the opposition has to do is cover up and be as solid as possible until the slugger hits the energy wall which inevitably happens.

We played a great game last night and I couldn't be more proud of the way we handled a brilliant Napoli side.
I read the bolded as "ALI the opposition has to do is cover up and be as solid as possible until the slugger hits the energy wall which inevitably happens."
..the great Mohammed Ali, that is

In the opening 20 - 25 minutes I experienced how opposing fans must feel when their team faces us. That period of Napoli domination will prove good for us - we needed a team to try and bully us as no Prem team can even come close to outplaying whatever eleven we put out. Gamesmanship and a few questionable tackles aside, it does seem a shame that a team that good is getting eliminated. However, one less good team in our way in the latter stages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.