Napoli (A) Post Match Thread

Great pic now on to the Cactus Bar in Malta for the arse game
The highest praise I can heap on that performance: Kev and Aguero didn’t play that well.

Wait, don’t respond with abuse just yet, hear me out.

Kevin had an off night, Aguero was not on it for most of the match, and David was on the bench. Last year that would have been a death nail—we would have lost this match.

But this year, with all of that being true, Kev got an assist, Aguero broke the scoring record, David got a rest, and we won away from home to likely the second best team in a Europe and qualified for the next round with two games to spare. We are so unified, so deep on the bench, so exciting to watch, so solid at the back, and have so much talent across the pitch that two or three “key” players can be out or off on the night and we can still beat quality opposition. And beat them well.

This is, by far, the best squad we have ever had (I hope not that we will ever have... frightening thought that it could get better) and is something truly special.

Raheem is a man possessed, Leroy is still finding his feet (think about that), Bernardo is getting used to the system, John and Nico are out scoring Palace together, Fernandinho is locking down the midfield, Gabby is having a chance to develop in to a premier striker, Fabian is stepping up and becoming one of the best left backs in the world (who would have thought that two years ago), Ederson has become a top five keeper in Europe, David is quietly having a dominant season, Kevin looks like one of the best central midfielders of all time, and everywhere else on the pitch looks like light blue roses.

It has never been a better time to be a blue.
All this great time to be a City supporter Off to Malta for a wee break and the arse game in the CACTUS BAR Malta on sunday

We went 1-0 down and not for one minute did I get that old ‘we’re in for a hammering’ feeling.
This side has not only talent and skill beyond belief, but a heart and a desire and steel in it that is a joy to watch (unless of course, you are a raggy- remember them)?

Ederson was assured and confident in goal, including making one world-class save straight before the winner.
Danilo, after a shaky start, grew into it. We have to remember that he's a backup low on match-fitness thrown into a game in a huge game in one of the most intimidating stadiums in the world.
Otamendi was my MOTM. After 25 minutes we looked out of it and Nico grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and decided that we were not going to be losing tonight. He also defended brilliantly and could do nothing for either goal.
Stones is the most complete CB in England. Enough said.
Fernandinho bossed the game and is in great form, I fully trust him to mark Ozil out of the game on Sunday as per usual.
De Bruyne and Gundogan grew in confidence as the game went on, grabbed an assist each. Neither at their best but it didn't matter.
Sterling and Sané absolutely tortured Napoli's defense. Sterling in particular was world class- the best winger in the league, and Sané isn't far behind.
Aguero- what can I say? Our best striker ever and he wasn't even that good tonight.

One last thought: Bernardo as a false 9 might jut work.

Fucking belting!

I'm so giddy right now. Pep is my favourite ever manager, never mind City manager.

Genius, Fucking genius

Has anyone got any pics of the away end?

Fucking hell, bt sport coming to the conclusion he is the greatest striker the prem has seen. Fair play Keown and Dunny + Jenas.
Keown if you didn’t know played for Arsenal,you would think he had for city constantly bigging us up,talking about football being played the right way can never praise us enough..

Think John Stones is developing into a beast of a player. One of the best ball playing centre backs in the world already, with plenty of scope for improvement. Kind of player to build a team around.

Very dominant performance, I'd pick a very impressive Fernandinho for MOTM - one of the most assured performances I've seen from him. Gundogan, I was quite surprised by how good he looked - he could be a real x-factor if he can avoid any further injury issues. Sterling & Sane give you perfect wide players for Pep, giving the width and danger when needed - still think they have another level to reach yet

No one is going to want to play City but Pep has to ensure the players keep delivering. Congrats, I thoroughly enjoyed that. Savor this one folks - it's a statement of intent and bigger things ahead

If you are the same FCBarca from ragcafe lets just say you play to your audience and some of your posts about us on there are not as complimentary pmsl.

You dont get to play your two faced game on here im afraid!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.