Napoli (Away) Pre Match Thread

Napoli v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading some comments on here I think I must have imagined the first 35 minutes of the last game where we could've been 5 - 0 up. What makes everyone think Man.City and Napoli will be the second half versions we saw? (where we decided to stick at 2 - 0).

Reading some comments on here I think I must have imagined the first 35 minutes of the last game where we could've been 5 - 0 up. What makes everyone think Man.City and Napoli will be the second half versions we saw? (where we decided to stick at 2 - 0).

Not only that but we had decent chances to make it 3-0 in the second half as well plus Napoli actually created minimal chances apart from diving for penalties. I'm going for 3-0 city I just think we're far better than them.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Otamendi
Danilo
Fernandinho
Gundagon
Silva
Bernardo
Aguero
Sane

In the second half we have the option to bring on sterling, KDB and Jesus. I think he starting lineup is a good European set up against a team who will pushing to win. Plus it rests key players for the big game on Sunday.

Not a chance they both get dropped for Arse.

This is the “game every 3 Days” hetalks about, and they even have the extra day, because Arse play Thursday night.

He plays his strongest team for BOTH games before the break. Only tweak might be a little more defensive steel in the middle of the park for the Napoli game.

Silly boy. Wenger will rest at least 8 of his better players on Thursday. We don't have that luxury.

Fernandinho (32), David Silva (31), and De Bruyne (26) all of which played 90 min on Saturday will come up against Diawara (20), Zielinski (23) and Hamsik (30). Diawara did not play at all on Saturday, Zielinski played 27 minutes and Hamsik played 67 minutes.

Their fitness levels will be much much higher. One of Kevin or David absolutely must be rested. Ideally both.

Not only will their fitness levels be lower but this match will use up a lot of everyone’s energy.

It’s not only about the next game. Arsenal at home is massive and they will rest all their important players in the Europa League. If Pep doesn’t rotate I won’t be surprised if we lose both.

But Pep knows what to do. Most likely well see Gundogan and De Bruyne start with Kevin being subbed off.
Hopefully Napoli play that midfield, huge drop off in quality and chemistry between Jorginho, Allan, Hamsik and Diawara, Zielinski, Hamsik.

I honestly think Pep rates this comp over everything along with the owners. I also think that Pep doesnt know how to park the bus. He will go out all attack utilising the best players at his disposal and then worry about Arsenal afterwards, which is at least on the Sunday giving us 3 full days recovery.

Right now, if you had to prioritise these 2 games, the Napoli game is far more important. A defeat or draw to Arsenal barely changes anything, we'll be top whatever happens. But lose to Napoli and we will have to get a result in Ukraine in a very busy period.

Fuck the Arsenal game, this is the priority until 22:00 Wednesday night then we'll see who's available and fresh for Sunday. There is no way our best player will be rested for the Champions League unless we are qualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.