Napoli post-match thread

I'm usually a cynical win at all costs type but when Bernardo, Kev and Leroy started wasting time in the corner at the end I felt a bit sick that it had come to that in a game that wasn't do or die.

On a positive note there will be times when we will need to see must win games out so it's all good I think.

I don't know which was better, Debruynes cross to Jesus, or the way Jesus shimmied away from the first man 5 yards in a split second to make space. Watch it, it's absolute brilliance! Also a huge shout out to Fernandinho for following that penalty save ( and of course to Eddie for saving it) in and preventing a certain goal. That was 100 % commitment. CTID

I'm usually a cynical win at all costs type but when Bernardo, Kev and Leroy started wasting time in the corner at the end I felt a bit sick that it had come to that in a game that wasn't do or die.

On a positive note there will be times when we will need to see must win games out so it's all good I think.

Yeah, it was odd to see - not something I am accustomed to seeing from a Pep side. Fatigue?

We can have no complaints about either penalty Decision, first one saw Walker with both hands around the forwards neck and shoulders holding him down, the second was a blatant trip, whether or nit the boy was looking god it'll. TBF I thought the ref had a rèasonable game.

Now I've seen the Walker incident, yes, but does this joke of a ref do that in every example of rough house at a corner. The trip? I'm not so sure. Just look at the reaction of most of the players - they seem to think otherwise - City players are on the move out of a defensive mode. I think he gives the lie to the notion oft held by many that foreign refs are an upgrade on PL specimens.

Now I've seen the Walker incident, yes, but does this joke of a ref do that in every example of rough house at a corner. The trip? I'm not so sure. Just look at the reaction of most of the players - they seem to think otherwise - City players are on the move out of a defensive mode. I think he gives the lie to the notion oft held by many that foreign refs are an upgrade on PL specimens.

Both penalties were very clear. Ref spot on. Swap the shirts around and we'd have been going berserk if they hadn't been given.

I think fatigue maybe played a part. It just jarred seeing creative players wasting time and potentially inviting injury.

It was a unique match, I look forward to rewatching it many times as well as the return leg in a fortnight. I agree with Pep too, I can't recall a more impressive attacking side a Guardiola side has faced

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.