Napoli post-match thread

A game of three halves

First thirty minutes we were totally dominant and we could easily have been out of sight
Second thirty, it was an even contest and they should have pulled one back
The final thirty, Napoli were the better side, although apart from the converted pen, they didn't have another clear opportunity

The most disappointing aspect of our play was that we made so many wrong decisions when on the counter and we failed to create real opportunities in the second half from these

I'll take the win though and a draw away in Naples would be more than sufficient

Why was pep saying this was the toughest team he has played - is this all mind games?

maybe its due to napoli saying man city were the best team in europe.

well you lot are not far behind thats for sure.

but its just odd. this lame media talk shouldnt make any odds to the players..

City should have been 5 nil up first half. strange game - but a win is a win.

The first thirty minutes were scintillating, I don't think I have ever seen better football from a Premier team ever, especially when you consider the opposition.

After that it was back to our performances of last year, the opposition pressed even higher but we didn't change our 'keep possession at all costs' game, the players got nervous and started giving it away, which created chances for the opposition, which made us more nervous, and then more chances. I do think there comes a time when we need to switch to a more direct pass out of defence to the fast paced players we have. Alleviates pressure and gives the opposition something to worry about.

We held on well though. But some of last year's demons were still there.

Why was pep saying this was the toughest team he has played - is this all mind games?

maybe its due to napoli saying man city were the best team in europe.

well you lot are not far behind thats for sure.

but its just odd. this lame media talk shouldnt make any odds to the players..

City should have been 5 nil up first half. strange game - but a win is a win.
Because Napoli are absolutely class - masters of positional play, Pep's own philosophy. Best team in Italy, playing football of a quality that barely anyone can match.

Burnley game should see Gundogan,Toure and Bernardo start for KDB, Ferna & Silva, respectively. Upfront, bring back Sergio and give Jesus a rest.

Yeah i was thinking its about time you not only rested KDB and others - but mainly KDB and also see how you play without the main man as well. Because you do need some practise without him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.