Nasri [Merged] continued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsene's reports are accurate. Reports coming in through Twitter that Wenger has commented that both City and utd are in for asri, but a deal is far from being done.

I think the chances of a deal for Nasri are fast receding as Arsenal are in a position of great weakness. It's hard to believe that such a club could be mis-managed so badly.

if you were in the Arsenal boardroom or in Wenger's shoes would you sanction the sale of nasri going into a Champions League game qualifier and with a trip to Old Trafford looming? I am sure Arsenal will play Nasri at Udinese and that they will probably go through. They may recover some confidence, but it will be with Nasri and not without.

If I were a betting man, I'd be putting monies on Nasri staying at Arsenal. I Think he is a great player, but I also like AJ, Barry and Milner so I am not overly worried if this falls through

I've never known a buying club talk so openly about a potential signing, as City have about Nasri, and not get him.

The pressure on Cookie must be huge with this one.

Personally I think Nasri is the final piece in our jigsaw. I was asked at the end of last season, barring Real Madrid and Barca players, who would I most like to see at City and I went for Nasri. Not because he is the best player outside those clubs, but because I think he will make the biggest positive difference to our team.

I really think that if we have to pay the agents fees this once we will do it. It must be difficult when the player knows he can wait a season and then get a huge signing on fee as a Bosman.

Arsenal are in deep shit with injuries, suspensions and a lack of quality and the only thing holding this up is Arsenal waiting to get their replacements in imo.

Arsenal will be wanting to be seen to have done this deal on their terms and rightly so.

Patience is the key word.

Cobwebcat said:
I've never known a buying club talk so openly about a potential signing, as City have about Nasri, and not get him.

Personally I think Nasri is the final piece in our jigsaw. I was asked at the end of last season, barring Real Madrid and Barca players, who would I most like to see at City and I went for Nasri. Not because he is the best player outside those clubs, but because I think he will make the biggest positive difference to our team.

I really think that if we have to pay the agents fees this once we will do it.

I'm not a Nasri fan - I think he flatters to decive and is very lightweight - but the odds for Cook and co are huge here - if Cook fails to land Nasri I can see the tension between him and Mancini notching up even further.

Worse case scenario

Sneijder has snubbed us, rags getting a sponsor to help pay his wages (is that not third party ownership) and of course with their history we have no chance, similarly Wenger going to cup tie in Cl Nasri who after all this time has decided to snub us in favour of the rags as well. Just fucking great isn't it.

:-(((

blueinsa said:
Arsenal are in deep shit with injuries, suspensions and a lack of quality and the only thing holding this up is Arsenal waiting to get their replacements in imo.

Arsenal will be wanting to be seen to have done this deal on their terms and rightly so.

Patience is the key word.

would appear to be Nasri agents demanding 3 million in agents fees that is the problem nothing to do with Le Arse - they will have the same selection problems next week and most likely the week after - they need players in and too do that they need players out

The unknown is are Nasri agents deliberately being twats to slow the process in the hope others may come in or are they just greedy twats or are they deliberatly scuppering a deal so Nasri sees out his contract and gets pick of other teams next summer

Rammyblues said:
Worse case scenario

Sneijder has snubbed us, rags getting a sponsor to help pay his wages (is that not third party ownership) and of course with their history we have no chance, similarly Wenger going to cup tie in Cl Nasri who after all this time has decided to snub us in favour of the rags as well. Just fucking great isn't it.

It could well happen. Rags dominate transfer window after Nike agree to pay the wages and not a peep from the media unless we did the same with Etihad.

I know it Talk shite but Alan Brazil has just said that both Manchester Cluds are still in for Nasri

Rammyblues said:
Worse case scenario

Look on the bright side the rags will go into admin' if they sign Sneijder and Nasri! Unless they sell Tom 'Zizou' Cleverly to Real for €90m!!!!

nmc said:
Cobwebcat said:

I really think that if we have to pay the agents fees this once we will do it.

I'm not a Nasri fan - I think he flatters to decive and is very lightweight - but the odds for Cook and co are huge here - if Cook fails to land Nasri I can see the tension between him and Mancini notching up even further.

Stats say otherwise, though I know they are not the be all and end all:

http://www.castrolfootball.com/rankings/rankings/?position=2&nation=&team=&comp=#label

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.