Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t imagine stones will be wanting to be 4th choice centre back with the World Cup and Euros coming up.

its not about being fourth choice - its about being part of a strong squad which Pep can rotate - thats how Stones and fans should be seeing it - Im sure its how Pep would see it.

Love this signing and I don't think it will take long for him to win any doubters over.

Versatile, decent with the ball, seems like a lovely guy and, most importantly, he'd be a defensive signing who can actually defend. Also he has great hair.

Not entirely sure where he'd play yet because he's not a Guardiola holding mid, I don't think he's a modern fullback and obviously we have Laporte for centreback so I think he might have to be patient but he will seize his chances with both hands.

He's a really decent player, it's worth repeating. Home grown, covers the left side, decent pace, decent in the air despite lacking height, great on the ball. I hope we still sign an actual left back though, because Ake is, ultimately, a centre half, and that's where I'd want him to play.

To be fair, now I think about it, if we were able to get him for near £25m we'd be talking about it as a bit of a bargain.

25 year old, homegrown, CB with over 110 league appearances after all.

Which would imply he'd be worth a little more.

Think it's a great bit of business. Good Laporte cover, can do a job at LB (Would still buy someone else if we keep Mendy) and DM. 2 years on his deal, homegrown and the Man City Tax considered, solid business and does everything Zinchenko did and more but better.

Means that we can sell Zinchenko and Angelino for about 25-30 mill combined and almost cover the cost and have a better player than both and hopefully someone who can challenge Mendy (as he needs it) as well as cover Laporte.

The more you think about it the better this deal becomes.

People are also forgetting we also have Ferna for one more year who covers a variety of positions and while not ideal he could be used in rotation if needed.

i dont think both stones and otamendi be off this summer.

ake is better defender then both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.