New breed Season ticket holders only going to the big games

You'll be getting hate mail for that !

f8cking cheek , buying a season ticket and not using it - what kind of a supporter are you ?

Ha ha! I have no option myself really. If I give it up then I have to scramble around for a ticket for every match and pay a premium price if I get one.The club could simplify it even more in that I give them a ring and tell them what games I can't attend and they then re sell it on the open market cutting out this ticket exchange thing. Anyway a few more seasons of last seasons home performances and getting a ticket won't be a problem lol!

I don't think so. If the ticket is used at the turnstile then it doesn't really matter who uses it imo, as long as they're not planning to blow people up or attack them.

If it goes on the ticket exchange then I think responsibility goes to the club to flog it. If they sell it, current system works, if they don't, then they should give it away to beneficiaries of their CITC work or people in the local community, even for free. In that case a redeemable voucher could be issued or something along those lines.

If people can't go, then fine, but I think the era of thousands of empty seats as people lazily or stubbornly refuse to offer their SC up through official channels is coming to an end, and rightly so imo. For me, if we followed a procedure above that would be fair, and if people flouted it, well don't prevent them from renewing, just add the cost of the matchday tickets for all the games they chose to keep their seat to themselves onto the cost of renewing. The club and players need a full house (or near as damn it) every week, empty seats can't make an atmosphere and can't support the team. If you regularly keep your seat empty, then I think it's only fair you pass the ticket back to the club for those games, you can't lose, you're not going anyway.

Joe - no offence but I'm now tired of this sh*t .

I personally have never used the sytsem, which I have tried several times to explain - without success to some.

I have a season ticket, which I sometimes cannot use, but I give my ticket away to other City supporters . Other posters ( not me ) on this forum have complained that the ticket exchange/transfer system doesn't work .

I reserve my right to use/ not use my season ticket when it is not possible.

That is hilarious. What you are actually advocating is a policy which would empty the ground in no time - the thing you are trying to prevent.

If you prevent fans from having season tickets if they miss three games you will alienate a significant proportion of the fanbase, and there is no where near enough fans on the waiting list to replace them

For arguments sake, make it four games then. If you miss them, That's over a fifth of the season. If that gets rid of those who are blatantly picking and choosing what games they go to, good riddance.

The next question I would like answering is what happens if the new fans the following season miss three games do they get prevented buying a season ticket? And the fans who attended 16 the previous year but missed a couple more this year? Will they then be prevented from purchasing a season ticket?

Slowly but surely, over time, we will be able to weed out every fan we have. It is a cracking business model, fans like scaring Europe to death who have put money into the club every year since 82 will be stopped from investing.

82! That's a JCL by my definition!

I personally have never used the sytsem, which I have tried several times to explain - without success to some.

I have a season ticket, which I sometimes cannot use, but I give my ticket away to other City supporters . Other posters ( not me ) on this forum have complained that the ticket exchange/transfer system doesn't work .

Why should anyone care if you're tired of this shit? It's a forum for people to exchange views and opinions.

The only way ticket exchange doesn't work is when someone doesn't but the ticket. It takes two minutes to put your seat on sale.

The club are aware of the empty seat issue and with any luck they will sort something workable out.

if you give the ticket away then it's still being used. By the ticket system not working, I assume you mean the ticket's not been sold, but as I said I think once the ticket is uploaded onto it then for me the responsibility for ensuring the seat is filled switches from the ticket holder to the club, meaning it's the club's fault if the seat is empty. If you mean there's an issue with uploading the ticket, then that's a technical issue which the club needs to be aware of.

The club also reserves the right to change the terms and not allow you to reserve the right to not use your ticket. I'd much rather we as fans come up with a system that's fair to present to the club rather than have fans upset because the club introduces their own measures which become punative and more problematic.

Ultimately, the seat should be, and needs to be filled. If you pass your tickets onto mates who use it, great. If that's not possible, then it needs to be given back to the club so the seat can be used by others, whether through the ticket exchange and it be sold or given away by the club, but for me the ticket holder, if they can't pass it on, should give the seat back to the club when they're not using it.

The current approach is like demanding your seat remain empty when you've reserved it on a train. Sure you paid for your ticket and that seat, but if you're not on the train, why can't someone else sit in it? (and yes I know trains are more open access than stadiums, but the fundamentals of the comparison work).

Suppose the ticket exchange system is still crap ? Too many supporters complaining that the system doesn't work - but as I have said PREVIOUSLY. I haven't used it - I give my ticket to friends !

I think you are oversimplifying this.

Quite a few Bluemooners have said the Ticket Exchange worked well. I was initially surprised as I had heard it wasn't great but the Exchange seems to work for plenty of Blues!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.