New England kit for Euro '24

Why would they change the colours of the flag though, if it weren’t an attempt to make some unnecessary statement?

I’m not particularly arsed about what’s on the shirt and I’m not particularly arsed about what the England team does to be honest, but I don’t see a reason to change the colours of a flag unless it’s to make a statement which nobody is really asking for.

It’s simply a bit of tokenism from a large corporate so that it can feel better about itself, and it’s extremely tedious.
I actually agree that doing it in the first place is unnecessary and can only think the uproar would have been discussed by marketing and subsequently agreed it’s worth it for the exposure.

Why would they change the colours of the flag though, if it weren’t an attempt to make some unnecessary statement?

I’m not particularly arsed about what’s on the shirt and I’m not particularly arsed about what the England team does to be honest, but I don’t see a reason to change the colours of a flag unless it’s to make a statement which nobody is really asking for.

It’s simply a bit of tokenism from a large corporate so that it can feel better about itself, and it’s extremely tedious.
tokenism for what though, its not a rainbow flag, i dont agree with changing the national flag, i dont mind if it had a meaning to it, i just dont get the colours.

i suppose they've done their jobs though, people are talking about it .

tokenism for what though, its not a rainbow flag, i dont agree with changing the national flag, i dont mind if it had a meaning to it, i just dont get the colours.

i suppose they've done their jobs though, people are talking about it .

That's my thoughts

The colours don't seem to represent anything, it's not like it's the rainbow flag as you say.

Seems rather pointless/silly to change the colours of a flag, but at the same time people are getting upset about something pointless. Unless people are truly upset that's its not white and red.

My guess is it's people angling for a fight about "agendas" but have nothing to lean on because the chosen colours don't represent anything.

If I were cynical, I might be of the mind that Nike are playing the fans like a fiddle. They knew all too well what reaction this would get, they know what England fans are like, and they'd see that as free marketing... The ones complaining about "woke gone mad" and furiously retweeting it are just playing right into their hands. I don't see Nike as the champions of social justice they proclaim to be, they are a capitalist corporation trying to cynically maximise sales and this is how they choose to do it.

If they did do it for that reason, then you can't deny that it's worked out for them beautifully, hasn't it.

If I were cynical, I might be of the mind that Nike are playing the fans like a fiddle. They knew all too well what reaction this would get, they know what England fans are like, and they'd see that as free marketing... The ones complaining about "woke gone mad" and furiously retweeting it are just playing right into their hands. I don't see Nike as the champions of social justice they proclaim to be, they are a capitalist corporation trying to cynically maximise sales and this is how they choose to do it.

If they did do it for that reason, then you can't deny that it's worked out for them beautifully, hasn't it.
And nobody is talking about the real crime, which is that it costs £125.

Loving that new home shirt, isn't worth £85 though for the "stadium" version.

I will stick with my 90 and 96 retro shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.