New highway code rules

Cycling to work this morning. White van came past me on a 50mph road. He did not move one inch. He either just did not see me or could not give a fuck if he hit me or not. I felt the van brush my sleeve and the draught nearly had me off. It is fucking terrifying, and even basic human decency would be to give a cyclist space especially at that speed. If that hit me from behind this morning I would have been killed I'm sure of it.
I cycle about 150-200km a week, a mix of commuting and road/gravel riding for fun.

By miles the two biggest culprits in driving like clueless fucking half wits are van drivers and Uber drivers. Closely followed by dippy mums paying attention to their phones/radios/etc.

My rule is if I see a van, a taxi or a poverty spec premium brand car (Audi A2, a battered Range Rover Evoque etc) I give it a wide berth.

Some fuckwit nearly killed me on Oxford road last week pulling into a side street without looking or indicating.

I followed the **** and their car got a kicking.

Cycling to work this morning. White van came past me on a 50mph road. He did not move one inch. He either just did not see me or could not give a fuck if he hit me or not. I felt the van brush my sleeve and the draught nearly had me off. It is fucking terrifying, and even basic human decency would be to give a cyclist space especially at that speed. If that hit me from behind this morning I would have been killed I'm sure of it.
Chances are they just didn't see you which is alarming. Probably too busy looking at their mobile phone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.