New Kompany Calf Injury?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Citizen Green, 7 Sep 2017.

Tags:
  1. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

Will be interesting to see how we get on without him tomorrow. Liverpool was always going to be a test of the defence with or without Vinnie. We really do need to move away from the mentality that we are diminished without him. Stones showed some good signs on Saturday that he is stepping up to the plate, taking responsibility and showing some leadership.

2. Lancet Fluke

Lancet Fluke

They quite possibly don't know how long he will be out. Presumably assessing any injury to Kompany's calf is much more complicated than usual injuries. He might only have a bit of tightening in the muscle for all we know but for Kompany that might mean being rested for weeks in case it becomes the start of another string of calf injuries?

3. Kinkys Left Foot

Kinkys Left Foot

Injuries are part of professional football.
    Vincents recent injury woes are well documented as are his methods for now dealing with potential problems, its supposedly a knock not a pull, unavoidable really.
    The rancour and pulling of hair on here is frankly ridiculous.

4. russell jack

russell jack

not unavoidable,if you put the club that's supported you first,instead of a meaningless game againt gibralter

5. pudge

pudge

Seems to be a lot more manageable when he's with the club, whereas when his conditioning is out of their control he seems to break down getting out of bed.

If he wants to prolong his career he's a decision to make. I don't think he can have the best of both worlds anymore (international and club commitments) unfortunately this is a World Cup year coming up so there's zero chance he retires now.

6. Manchester33

Manchester33

I disagree with some of the negative comments on here, especially those questioning Vinny's priorities. He has every right to want to captain his country. Something that only a small number of players get to do. He's heading into a World Cup where his team have a realistic chance of winning. Why on Earth would he not want to be a part of that? Why would he piss Martinez off and say he doesn't want to play in a smaller game - what if Martinez decides to drop him as a result?

You're talking about one of the most passionate, committed, ultimate professionals in the game right now. He's been our greatest club captain. Let's let him lead his country as best as he can, especially given it'll most likely be his last hurrah. We can't control Belgium's squad choice. What Pep can do is let him rest in games where we 'should' be comfortable (Brighton away, Bournemouth away). Managing his minutes on our end isn't ideal, but if it keeps him fit for the big games then surely it's worth it.

With Mangala and Tosin in the squad, and Pep's flexibility with formation we're more than covered at the back. Perhaps we could have swapped Mangala for a player who's more comfortable on the ball, but I think he'll offer us another option in rougher games such as your WBA/Huddersfields/West Ham/United etc.

7. Rochdale Blue

Rochdale Blue

I believe Chelsea aren't that pleased with the way Martinez has been handling their players. Does anyone believe Vinny was that desperate to play against Gibraltar that he would really prefer to play in that game rather than Liverpool and Feyenoord?

8. karen7

karen7

9. ganganvince

ganganvince

Production supervisor
    Acid test is if he is fit for next round of internationals with Belgium already qualified

10. City Raider

City Raider

'next few weeks' - same old same old