New Louis Theroux series

I hope that dealer gets what's coming to him, what an absolute shitbag.

I always watch his documentaries.

Some I particularly remember:

Survivalists in America
Eugene Terre Blanche
Hyperactive kids

The JS episode tells you all you need to know about LT.

He spent weeks with his target and either failed to notice, or decided not to report, that the guy was a paedophile and a monster.

Fearless investigative reporter, or (despite his obvious intelligence) the whining gormless fucker he pretends to be?
Easy to say that with the benefit of hindsight. Yes, looking back at that episode and knowing what we now know, it seems so obvious that Savile was a shit. But almost everyone who spent time with him failed to notice what he was, such was the ambiguous and somewhat unreal nature of it all - Theroux was by no means alone or culpable. Although at least he candidly revisited and examined his failure to spot it in a follow-up documentary last year, which I don't recall anyone else doing.

So many times I just expect them to turn nasty or walk away when he asks a question but they just look at this harmless looking, awkwardly tall and self-effacing Englishman and just keep talking.
The only one I can recall was Marty Rathbun who got well annoyed in the Scientology documentary because Theroux (quite rightly) suggested he take some responsibility for his actions and methods when in the Church. I think that is probably the only time I've seen Theroux make a mistake and step-outside his faux naif persona, do his detriment.

Last edited:
Watching last nights program on shootings, murders in Milwaukee, now I know black people don’t like the police but they were complaining that the police wouldn’t/couldn’t solve a particular murder, however friends of the victim and relatives knew who’d done it, yet no one would tell the police (snitches get stitches as they said) now I must be stupid but if you aren’t going to help the police how the fuck can they help you? Then they blame the police for not doing enough or caring. That’s one fucked up country and unfortunately I always say we are about 20years behind America in those terms so the future doesn’t look bright for us.

Watching last nights program on shootings, murders in Milwaukee, now I know black people don’t like the police but they were complaining that the police wouldn’t/couldn’t solve a particular murder, however friends of the victim and relatives knew who’d done it, yet no one would tell the police (snitches get stitches as they said) now I must be stupid but if you aren’t going to help the police how the fuck can they help you? Then they blame the police for not doing enough or caring. That’s one fucked up country and unfortunately I always say we are about 20years behind America in those terms so the future doesn’t look bright for us.
A cop made a similar point directly to a complainant in LT's Philadelphia documentary a few years back. Basically this guy and his mates were boasting about the 'no snitching' rule, and then moaned that the police do too many stop-and-searches; the cops response was basically along the lines of "Well, if you don't report criminals then how else can we find them?".

His naive bumbling simpleton act grates on me, this is a guy who's been educated at Oxford, he's far from the dopey persona he portrays,

he hardly asks any questions, he just stares at people until they feel uncomfortable enough to say any old shit.

And on last nights documentary, I think he left that

dark haired girl in a dangerous situation, you could see her drug dealer boyfriend was mightily pissed off with his questions.

I like watching Louis's docs but that couple looked a little staged to me.

Find him a real interesting guy. Very intelligent, can be witty and a great presenter for his documentaries. Last night I sat down and watched Altered States ( choosing Death). Very interesting if somewhat controversial it focuses on people who have a terminal illness and qualify for medication they can take themselves without any outside help to end their lives prematurely. If you have a spare hour watch it it’s a proper eye opener.

Find him a real interesting guy. Very intelligent, can be witty and a great presenter for his documentaries. Last night I sat down and watched Altered States ( choosing Death). Very interesting if somewhat controversial it focuses on people who have a terminal illness and qualify for medication they can take themselves without any outside help to end their lives prematurely. If you have a spare hour watch it it’s a proper eye opener.

Sorry ric merge it m8 didn’t realise you’d started a thread pal good documentary all the same

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.