New official City website

Had a look at it earlier, clicked on feedback and on the beta box just left a very long winded rant about Hugh Ferris.

City have launched a beta version of the OS. The changes on the shop.mcfc.co.uk/ and a gut feeling that is also based on a bit of experience with "beta" versions/updates that usually come to life, tell me that this beta-version will substitute the current site this summer.

On the one hand, Most of us [everybody] would get used to to the new design sooner or later, but on the other hand, the design isn't great. It neither makes the site comfortable to use. And this huge column is disgusting. I mean, is it rapgenius.com or an ipad app? (a hint: it's none of it). The site lags because of its unnatural structure as well (just yet though, I suppose, as it's a beta-version, but you can see some finished versions of big sites with the similar structure that sometimes laf and are still not comfortable to use).

The main thing I'm worried about is the material from the current [old] website that may dissapear at all. For example, the previous seasons' calendars, squads of some 1st team friendlies and EDS/academy matches, videos from the previous seasons that are only located on mcfc.co.uk, articles, photos, etc etc etc.

All in all, if they manage to save all the content from the current version of the site and avoid the lags (as there seems to be different parts of the site that work separately, so one can dump in each other, so it's very uncomf to scroll the main body of the side and stuff) and such things , and, of course, if they remove this annoying column feed on the right, the site may be better than the current one, but just by now it seems to be a loss if City move to the new version.

please merge with the hundreds of other threads about this. are folks that lazy that they cant see threads already started?

Pluses:
  • the background isn't dark so it's easier to read

Minuses:
  • the content from the current site may dissappear (squads of friendlies, eds, acaemy matches, exclusive videos, photos, articles, etc etc)
  • It lags
  • the feed column on the right is annoying
  • the main body of the site is shite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.